• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Abreaders
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2017

Selling House with Evohome - Advice on Handover

I’m planning to sell my 5 bedroom house with it’s full Evohome System. Does anyone have any advice on how to provide a simple handover guide to the new owners?

It has 11 Zones and 16 radiators with HR92s plus hot water controller all managed via the main Evohome Controller and/or the Total Connect Comfort app. I certainly don’t want to be demonstrating it and/or be taking help calls after the sale, but I do want to give them enough information to provide a quick start and where to get help (this forum will definitely be on the list). I’m not even sure what would happen if/when the WiFi Account/Router was changed or how the Evohome Account/Location is assigned to another person’s email. Any ideas would be gratefully received.
  • DanD
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Feb 2016

I've not had to navigate this problem, but I've seen that others have helpfully gone as far as creating a new email account e.g. gmail for the property and then transferring the system(s) to the new account and hand the Gmail and TCC account details to the purchaser with all the Evohome manuals. If you have the time, maybe also print out a screenshot from the TCC web interface and annotate with the actual rooms (this should give them a flying start when they eventually have time to mess with the system as they'll also have a printed record of the URL). The purchaser can then do whatever they wish ranging from simply resetting the passwords or re-registering everything.

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

I still have all my old TRV heads. If I ever move I'll swap back to those and take the Evohome kit with me.

Partly to save the kinds of hassles you're now considering.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

I too have the old TRVs in a box in the garage. I trust them more than Evohome when I need to pull a radiator off the wall.

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

Personally I would unregister the device from your TCC account and then (if you don't plan to use Evohome in the future) close the TCC account as well. Let the new owner create a new account and link the controller to it if they want to.

Comment

• HenGus
            Automated Home Legend
            • May 2014

I sold my Evohome home a year ago and I left my purchaser with a comprehensive guide which included Evohome manuals etc plus simple ‘get going’ advice for a new user. As indicated above, I deleted my TCC account; apps etc. My notes pointed the new owner towards this forum if he experienced any issues. As I have not heard anything, I can only conclude that the new owner is either coping well or Evohome is in the bin.
            Last edited by HenGus; 29 June 2019, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• SplanK
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Jul 2016

Evohome is not really all that different from other things in the house. Would you leave behind a comprehensive, personal guide for anything else?

I would leave any documentation/boxes I got with the system and any old bits (IE I removed the old Worchester Bosch wireless stat/timer unit and TRV's). I agree with setting up a dedicated 'home' account either with gmaiil or another email service as a hand over account and then pass the details via the solicitor as well as it noted down in any documentation you leave behind, either that or de-register so the device can be re-registered if that is an option. There is plenty of information on the internet for them to figure out how to use the system, and to be honest, the dash is fairly self explanatory by itself. If you don't have the original documentation, then I would print out the standard Evohome, but that's as far as I would go really.

Leaving them anything more just invites them to ask questions in the future IMHO, or could be miss interpreted.

Comment

Working...
              X