Thread: 2 Drayton Wiser Hubr on one account

Automated Home Jr Member

Default 2 Drayton Wiser Hubr on one account

Due to the way in which my heating system and boiler controls are organised, I need 2 x one channel Hubr to run my system. The 2 (heating) channel Hubr don't have volt free contacts and that's what I need, hence 2 x one channel Hubr devices. I'm still waiting for my second Hubr to turn up, I have one - in and working with 2 TRV thermostats and one room thermostat - all is well, but how do I go about registering a second Hubr on my account as there doesn't seem to be an option for it. I keep forgetting to phone Drayton during the working day, hence my question here in the evening! Must write myself a note!

having written myself a note (ie the above post) I remembered to call them today - seems the way to do it is with a second email address and a second registration through the app, then just log in to which ever account I need to be in to do whatever it is I need to do. Seems straightforward - just need my second Hubr to turn up now!
    Last edited by EvoPhil; 2nd July 2019 at 03:09 PM.

Automated Home Legend philchillbill's Avatar

Couldn't you just create a volt-free contact by controlling a relay with the output voltage of the Hubr when it's 'on'?

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi, yes I could have, but I'd have needed a separate (electrically safe) box, fed by the Hubrs, containing 2 relays (probably mounted on a DIN rail), which then goes to my boiler. I wanted a 'simple' fit and forget so didn't want to start messing around in this manner (plus by the time I'd realised I'd need 2 accounts, I'd already bought the one channel Hubrs and so was 'committed'). It would have worked fine like that (or should work fine like that I should say!).

My second Hubr arrived yesterday (as it happened) so I'll get that installed at some point and set up a second account on the app. No rush as the weather is warm, my rads (and hence valves) have not yet been changed or installed (ongoing house renovations) and I've too many other things to do with the ongoing renovations as it stands.