• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rjtucker
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Feb 2019

Intergas LAN2RF

I posted in a thread in February about problems I was having then with an Intergas LAN2RF gateway device. At that time, I could not read the password on the back of the device. Last week, nearly 5 months on, HomeServe provided me with a replacement.

However, I still have the same problem with it I had with the first: every time I connect/bind it in, the boiler/radiator temperature drops from the 80°C as set on the boiler to something under 50°C, yesterday to just over 30°C.

Replying to an email message I sent by phone, HomeServe tried to tell me that it was only doing what it was supposed to, that the boiler cannot run at 80°C for long (despite my telling them that it did when only the thermostat was connected).

I rang Intergas, and they confirmed that the boiler would run ("happily" at my prompting) at 80°C. They also said it was possible to set a minimum temperature for the boiler/radiators. This setting I cannot find. I asked whether any information was available about editing the data.json file, but the line went down after the person I spoke to said he would need to ask someone else.

Can anyone please suggest how I might go about keeping the boiler/radiator temperature at least above 70°C with the LAN2RF gateway connected? Someone mentioned before about "a heat curve".

This a screenshot of the "status" page provided by the web server on the LAN2RF gateway device:

lan2rf.jpg

and this is the data.json file as output on my desktop terminal:

Code:
    $ GET http://192.168.1.7/protect/data.json
    Enter username for Protected at 192.168.1.7:80: admin
    Password: 
    {"nodenr": 96,
    "ch_temp_lsb": 159,
    "ch_temp_msb": 12,
    "tap_temp_lsb": 136,
    "tap_temp_msb": 13,
    "ch_pressure_lsb": 70,
    "ch_pressure_msb": 0,
    "room_temp_1_lsb": 116,
    "room_temp_1_msb": 8,
    "room_temp_set_1_lsb": 64,
    "room_temp_set_1_msb": 6,
    "room_temp_2_lsb": 255,
    "room_temp_2_msb": 127,
    "room_temp_set_2_lsb": 255,
    "room_temp_set_2_msb": 127,
    "displ_code": 126,
    "IO": 0,
    "serial_year": 18,
    "serial_month": 12,
    "serial_line": 4,
    "serial_sn1": 0,
    "serial_sn2": 4,
    "serial_sn3": 61 ,
    "room_set_ovr_1_msb": 0,
    "room_set_ovr_1_lsb": 0,
    "room_set_ovr_2_msb": 0,
    "room_set_ovr_2_lsb": 0,
    "rf_message_rssi": 35,
    "rfstatus_cntr": 0}
    Last edited by rjtucker; 19 July 2019, 05:50 PM.
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

I'm using LAN2RF here and haven't seen that behaviour. Boiler works just fine.

It might be worth installing the Intergas installer app (android or IOs) - that shows a lot more info.

P.
    Last edited by paulockenden; 20 July 2019, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• rjtucker
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Feb 2019

I thought I tried that back in February/March and it wouldn't let me create an account. I shall have to try again.

The boiler and user app both have the setting as 80°C. The factory defaults are zero, so if I've reset the LAN2RF to factory defaults and then bind everything together ("Co" on the thermostat), and the boiler temperature drops to 30-40°C as shown on both the boiler and on the LAN2RF, then it seems to me difficult to explain otherwise than the LAN2RF is being fed the setting through the Internet.

Comment

• rjtucker
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Feb 2019

Yes, the service app has "Company" as a required field on the registration page. Last time I tried putting "Home", but as I said didn't get anywhere. I guess one needs to be in the trade to register and have use of it.

Comment

• paulockenden
          Automated Home Legend
          • Apr 2015

I just put my name. Didn’t have any problems registering.

Comment

• rjtucker
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Feb 2019

Try registering with a different email address?

intergas_pw_reset.jpg

Comment

• paulockenden
              Automated Home Legend
              • Apr 2015

Yes - both need to be different email addresses.

Comment

• rjtucker
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Feb 2019

No go. "Account creation failed". No particular errors in red. Just deletes what I put as company name.

Did you install yours yourself and register the boiler with Intergas with your name as the installer?

Comment

• paulockenden
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Apr 2015

No, installed by a proper installer.

Comment

• rjtucker
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Feb 2019

Maybe they're checking addresses and telephone numbers more now with the information they already have.

Comment

• rjtucker
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Feb 2019

Information received from Intergas via HomeServe Friday was that the Honeywell Round Thermostat should be bound with "bo" and not "Co" when using the Intergas LAN2RF gateway (and not Evohome).

Maybe it's problem solved. Previously I'd thought that just set to "bo", the service app would not be able to communicate with the installation.
                      Last edited by rjtucker; 4 August 2019, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• zxdavb
                        Automated Home Guru
                        • Jan 2018

This may be a little off-topic, but, do you know about: https://www.home-assistant.io/components/incomfort ?

You can integrate the Lan2RF gateway with the home assistant platform.

All there's an underline python client library if that's useful.

BTW, I was able to register myself as an installer using a different email address.
                        Last edited by zxdavb; 7 August 2019, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X