Thread: Evohome zone with muliple HR92 heads, battery alerts

Automated Home Lurker

Default Evohome zone with muliple HR92 heads, battery alerts

Lots of my radiator valves (HR92) begun alerting at low battery at very similar times recently and those zones with one radiator in them were easy to handle.
    I have a couple of room with multiple HR92s in them though and cant work out how to identify which one is asking for batteries.

It seem that while an HR92 will alert on low battery it still displays wo bars of battery on it's little screen - regardless of the battery being 2 weeks old, or about to die.

Is there some way to identify which one is asking for battery which I'm missing?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fysmd View Post
    Lots of my radiator valves (HR92) begun alerting at low battery at very similar times recently and those zones with one radiator in them were easy to handle.
    I have a couple of room with multiple HR92s in them though and cant work out how to identify which one is asking for batteries.

It seem that while an HR92 will alert on low battery it still displays wo bars of battery on it's little screen - regardless of the battery being 2 weeks old, or about to die.

Is there some way to identify which one is asking for battery which I'm missing?
    In the 4 years that I owned a home with Evohome, my experience was the same. Zones on the same schedule would invariably throw up low battery warnings within days of each other. It was often the case in multi HR92 zones that the battery indication would be 2 bars; however, I took the view that the HR92 most likely to throw up a low battery alert first would be the one that was acting as the sensor. This worked for a while but it then got complicated if I hadn't jotted down HR92 battery replacement dates so I reverted to simply changing all the batteries in any given zone with Industrial AA batteries.

FWiW, there is no need to change the batteries on first indication. The HR92s will, in my experience, continue to work for some weeks: that said, low battery indications are probably best not ignored in deep mid Winter if you intend to go away for a period of time.

I know that a number of owners have taken the decision to change all the HR92 batteries at the start of each heating season. The kids then use whatever battery power is left in the old batteries.