Thread: Survey about Smart Homes

Automated Home Lurker

Default Survey about Smart Homes

Hello Guys.

Have you ever been in the situation when smart home device performed as not expected? Examples include malfunctioning of smart home technologies, unauthorised order of expensive products through devices with linked bank accounts, untimely software updates disrupting the technology functioning, cloud/system failures, private data leakage and etc.. My colleagues from Newcastle University (UK) and I are currently studying the behaviour of individuals who experienced discomfort after the use of smart home technology that did not meet expectations.

Please take part in the survey by following the link https://newcastlebusiness.eu.qualtri...070EdWCxdxg8Lz. The survey will take no more than 15 minutes and will be ANONIMOUS. If you would like to take part in the draw for the prize of £100, please leave your email address on the last page of this survey.

Potentially, the results of the study will be a milestone in the research on users’ perception, behaviour and consequences following the use of those technologies. There is a good chance that the results of the study will be published in the academic and practitioners’ journals to inform both the academic community and industry.

I would highly appreciate your feedback. Thank you in advance.

Automated Home Sr Member franktate's Avatar

Had a try to answer but it's just too difficult. Try simplifying the questions. Some questions make no sense!

Frank

Some answers require a further tick box, as I have used certain things in the past and would use them again if the circumstances required it.
    Also many things are too generalised.
    Should also have a question about complete whole house solutions such as Loxone, control 4, Idratek etc.
    Many so called smart things aren't very smart in my opinion.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog