Thread: Drayton Wiser Heat issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Automated Home Jr Member

Default Drayton Wiser Heat issue

I've had my Wiser system (Hub, room thermostat and (x13) radiator thermostats) for just over 8 months now and i noticed the other night when one of the radiators called for heat that most of the radiator thermostats are now showing low battery. I noted one however that showed 'no signal' - I assumed the batteries in there had completely expired. But as I went round the house replacing batteries i just couldn't get that one thermostat to respond after I'd put in the new batteries. There was no sign of life or lights. I contacted Wiser support, they suggested i'd put the batteries in wrong way round, i hadn't. Then gave me a procedure to factory reset the thermostat but as I couldn't get it do anything i wasn't able to do this. We concluded it was dead.
    I went back to Amazon and they sent out another unit in less than 24 hours. Worryingly though i had left the old unit with the brand new batteries in and when I went to remove them the whole unit was red hot - i couldn't even touch the batteries. They had also gone from having 1.5v to .4v in a matter of a couple of hours! Wiser has said they've never experienced this. Has anyone else had a radiator thermostat fail yet?

Malcolm

Automated Home Lurker

Not me, but then I've only had 3 installed since June this year. I have another 12 or so to install (split over 2 Wiser Hubs) but until I've renovated the rooms and changed the radiators, they won't get installed. 4 more should be going on this week as the plumbers are due in tomorrow, but the remainder will be on an as-and-when basis as I get around to it! I'd be interested to hear the outcome of your findings (if Amazon/Wiser provide any update).

Automated Home Jr Member

I'm now getting seriously p*ssed off this now. I've just had my third radiator thermostat fail in the same way. Shows no connection, replace the batteries, no lights, completely dead, within minutes the batteries start overheating.
    I've contacted Wiser again and await their response.