Thread: Evohome control for Underfloor heating to replace 3 radiator zones

Automated Home Lurker

Default Evohome control for Underfloor heating to replace 3 radiator zones

We are about to revamp part of our downs stairs living space and replace 3 radiator zones with under floor heating. Our system is open vented with a single circuit radiator currently running 11 zones with ATC928G3000 on HR92 and the radiator pump and boiler on BDR91.
    Is the best option to run the pump feed (via BDR91) for the UFH off the main radiator circuit and use the HCC80R to control the zones with room stats and does the ATC928G3000 allow this to be done easily?
    i.e when a zone takes demand it will switch boiler, rad pump and UFH pump and control HCC80R for that zone.
    Last edited by Woodburner; 7th October 2019 at 10:06 PM.

Automated Home Legend

You should really try and get a new circuit flow and return for the UFH circuit. That way the UFH can demand it's own heating separate from the radiator circuit. Is the UFH area really 3 separate zone and the pipes under the floor separated per zone too? Because if not then you don't really need the HCC80R.

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi Woodburner - When I originally installed my UFH I too installed it as part of the radiator circuit. It worked yes but the benefit of Evo was negated in that it was awkward to target the heating. At this time of year, and early Spring maybe, we just need a nudge of heat in the rooms where we are less active. Bruce Miranda was kind enough to advise me as above and the system is now working perfectly, without the expensive HCC80R thankfully. I would heartily endorse his advice to pipe your UFH directly from the boiler.

Automated Home Lurker

Thanks for the replies. The rooms are going to be 3 separately fed zones as they are kitchen/dining space, a utility area, and a bathroom. My system is a little more complex as it is a solid fuel boiler and gas boiler mixed system feeding into a dunsley neutraliser. The primary radiator circuit is fed from the neutraliser on the second story so running a second circuit of it although not impossible it would create a lot of work to drop it to the ground floor hence wanting to pump off the radiator circuit. The UFH would have its own demand call but it would have to bring on the radiator circuit pump too. As all the radiators in the house are on HR92s then they would not heat up. I guess there is a risk any radiators down stream of the UFT pump return would be colder if the flow through the UFH pump is high.
    Last edited by Woodburner; 7th October 2019 at 10:07 PM.