• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisgare
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2013

Evohome zone forgetting 'Windows open' parameter

I'm an old-timer with Evohome and have had this irritation for some time. When I disable the 'Windows Open' option in certain zones the controller forgets it and reenables it sometime later. This is certainly annoying and I can't say that any other parameters behave in the same way.

Has anyone else noticed this or has a suggestion to correct? Chris
  • peterf
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2015

I wasn't aware you could do that, but I've just set it on one of my rooms where the radiator valve is in direct sunlight in the winter and is occasionally fooled into thinking a window is open when it goes into shadow.
    I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens.
    I wonder if it's only a feature in the older non-wifi controllers as I don't think that you can set some parameters by room in the later ones. I'm thinking optimisation here.

Comment

• chrisgare
      Automated Home Guru
      • Dec 2013

I've always kept the controller and actuators up to date. You can also set this function on an individual actuator through its menu. Maybe, I've done that in the past?

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

What about if you disable it on the HR92's instead ?

Comment

• chrisgare
          Automated Home Guru
          • Dec 2013

I'll do that tomorrow.

Comment

• chrisgare
            Automated Home Guru
            • Dec 2013

Now that is interesting! I changed the Window Open option to off [0] on the actuator a couple of days ago. I just checked today that the actuator still says it is off, but the controller still says it's enabled. This means that the controller has not synced up the actuator. I would have thought it would do this. I've disabled the function again on the controller to see it sets itself to Enabled again.

Comment

• peterf
              Automated Home Guru
              • Jan 2015

Mine's still set to disabled on the controller after 3 days.

Comment

• chrisgare
                Automated Home Guru
                • Dec 2013

The controller has reverted to 'Enabled' even though the HR92 still says that the window open is 'Off'. Weird. Time to move on...

Comment

Working...
                X