• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrBoy
    Automated Home Guru
    • May 2017

Evohome battery changing - forgetting settings, accidental override

I have several times changed batteries in my H592 units only to realise later that I turned the top in the process and have set some crazy override temperature like 24C. Is there a way on the unit itself to a)tell you have set an override b)cancel it?

One of my units I locked the head to stop accidental overrides but I discovered this setting is lost when you replace the batteries, which is annoying.
    Now I can't remember how to lock it, I've gone through all the settings and cannot see one for this. How do I lock (and unlock) an HR92?
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Which version of the controller do you have ?

The Wifi model will show you overrides set by the HR92 on the controller, so you would be aware that there was an override, although perhaps not immediately, if you bump the knob position berfore it has finished syncronising.

Also, if you lock manual adjustments for a zone and replace the batteries in an HR92, it will be-relocked again automatically after the HR92 has re-syncronised with the controller - this may take about half an hour. Zone settings from the controller to HR92's are periodically refreshed, so while it may be initially unlocked after rebooting it won't stay that way forever.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 7 October 2019, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• MrBoy
      Automated Home Guru
      • May 2017

That's interesting. Yeah of course the controller will update in a bit, it's just less convenient.

When you ask what version do you mean hardware or firmware or what? I'd have to go investigate though I hadn't realised there were different ones.

Comment

Working...
      X