• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Campbell123
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Oct 2019

Bathroom Thermostat for evohome system

Hi All,

I'm getting underfloor heating installed in some bathrooms along with installing an evohome system for heating control.

I am wondering what Evohome thermostats people use in bathrooms? As far as I can tell from the specifications, neither the T87RF or the DTS92E thermostat is rated for use in a bathroom.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Campbell
  • Andehh
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2015

I have had a t87rf in my bathroom for the last couple of years without issue. Never really thought about it to be honest!

Comment

• mylesm
      Automated Home Guru
      • Nov 2015

I have had a DTS92E in my bathroom for the last couple of years without issue

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

I doubt whether HR92's are "rated" for use in a bathroom either - they're certainly not hermetically sealed, with significant gaps around the joins and operating them with wet hands could lead to water getting inside. Despite that my bathroom HR92 has thus far surived 4 years without problems so I'd say the wall stats will be fine as well.

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
          I doubt whether HR92's are "rated" for use in a bathroom either - they're certainly not hermetically sealed, with significant gaps around the joins and operating them with wet hands could lead to water getting inside. Despite that my bathroom HR92 has thus far surived 4 years without problems so I'd say the wall stats will be fine as well.
          My bathroom and en suite HR92s are fine and have been installed for 5 years.

Comment

• Campbell123
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Oct 2019

Thanks for the replies. Will be going ahead with T87RF thermostats in the bathrooms for the underfloor heating system.
            The Installer was wary as he isn't able to install hardwired thermostats without suitable IP ratings in a wet bathroom. The battery powered T87RF will be fine.

Comment

Working...
            X