Thread: Opinions on Loxone Smart Controls

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Automated Home Lurker

Default Opinions on Loxone Smart Controls

Im a Loxone silver partner with 5 years experience working with Loxone as a smarr control product. I think it is a great product and find that there are alot of other home automation products on the market but what are other peoples thoughts?

Have you another product installed you were going to replace with Loxone?

Or

Are you looking at alot of different Automation and whats your opinion on them compared to what you have seen with Loxone?

Hi Peter, good question and one that I've been thinking about a lot over the last couple of years as we planned for the new house. I think Integration is the key to everything and that's Loxone's greatest strength.

Do you find the home owners you work with start off with smaller installations and then get you back to add more features over time, or do most put in a comprehensive system from the start?

Thanks

M.

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Otto-Mate View Post
    Hi Peter, good question and one that I've been thinking about a lot over the last couple of years as we planned for the new house. I think Integration is the key to everything and that's Loxone's greatest strength.

Do you find the home owners you work with start off with smaller installations and then get you back to add more features over time, or do most put in a comprehensive system from the start?

Thanks

M.
    Hello Mark,

I tend to find customers either go all in with the whole house automation or do smaller areas to see how well the system can work for them. The struggle I would have would be getting a new customer to buy into the whole house automation because they don't understand how much tasks the system will remove from them having to do themselves.

I find with the Loxone then that it can be easy to fit a small system then work up from that for the client then if they decide I can then expand as long as I inform them what is required for wiring infrastructor then we don't tend to run into much problems.

Alot of my clients if building new builds would find it more appealing to install a full system because they will save on the vat which in the long run is saving them 20% they will not be able to save later down the line.

Regards

Peter

Thanks Peter, good to hear, the 20% certainly concentrates the mind on a new build.

M.

I also find customer struggle with going whole house when installing a smart home system. I have installed 4 Loxone systems so far here in Spain. The 4th one being in my own apartment.
    Most clients like to follow the route of outside lighting first, then automatic blinds then the rest of the house.
    Once installed the Loxone system kind of sells itself. Most clients always enquire about other things they want automating. So I explain you can do almost anything depending on budget from garden watering to automating blinds to swimming pool control to water heating and HVAC control.
    With Loxone its very easy to use existing switches, so no need to replace with momentary switches or use the Loxone touch switch.
    My favourite switches at the moment are from Retrotouch
    IMG_20200114_145921.jpg This is one of their Crystal momentary switches.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Good to hear Toscal, thanks.

I have seen those switches recommended a couple of time now and have a draft post for the main site about them.

M.