Thread: Evohome and Lightwave integration

Automated Home Lurker

Default Evohome and Lightwave integration

This may be of interest to some - HR92's can be controlled directly by Lightwave:

https://lightwaverf.com/blogs/news/honeywell

Automated Home Legend

How is this being accomplished ? Is lightwave talking the proprietary Rameses II protocol directly to the HR92's using an 868Mhz radio, or are they integrating with Honeywell's API via an Evohome controller ?

If the former, and no Evohome controller is required, I wonder if they have licensed the Evohome protocols or reverse engineered them....

Automated Home Lurker

I imagine it's directly via 868Mhz radio as Lightwave also uses this. Lightwave and Resideo agreed a partnership earlier this year.

Automated Home Legend

Interesting! I must look and see what the controller side of Lightwave is like compared to the Evotouch controller....

Automated Home Sr Member

"Lightwave and Resideo, which have both adopted the same 863.0 MHz radio frequency for device communications, have agreed to share their proprietary radio protocols to integrate existing technologies and to jointly develop new technologies. This will allow the Lightwave Link Plus control hub to host the Honeywell Home by Resideo control protocols." from https://www.londonstockexchange.com/.../13956344.html

Automated Home Legend

Anyone know whether Lightwave also supports the Honeywell wall thermostats like the DTS92, or whether it's only the radiator controllers like HR92's ? Can't find anything one way or the other on this point.

Also does lightwave support S-Plan systems with hot water control (temperature sensor and additional relay) and/or zone valves ? Or is it combi-boilers only ?

Automated Home Ninja

Thanks for sharing this info. It does sound like the Lightwave Link Plus device replaces the Evohome controller rather than acting more as a gateway like other hybrid controllers/hubs which Honeywell has previously developed (e.g. the Itho Spider Gateway). Based upon the info near the end of the announcement on the Lightwave blog:

System Compatibility
    It’s important to note that the TRVs cannot be used simultaneously with the Honeywell EvoHome Controller and the Lightwave Link Plus; they can only be linked to one system at a time. Only the HR91 and HR92 valves are currently compatible with Lightwave.
    it looks like the functionality is currently restricted to binding HR91/92s to the Link Plus so no ability to add other types of Evohome devices e.g. remote temperature sensors/controllers like the DTS92. Hence, it allows the addition of the Honeywell radiator controllers to an existing Lightwave RF set-up rather than using Lightwave's radiator controllers. It doesn't sound like this would be of benefit to an existing Evohome installation as the boiler controls etc would all have to be replaced with Lightwave RF devices unless they develop the Link Plus functionality further.

Dan

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

should have more info on this partnership/integration very soon
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by top brake View Post
    should have more info on this partnership/integration very soon

Hopefully it will include HomeKit which I think for many is, or will become, the one app to control one’s home.

Automated Home Legend

"Alexa & Google compatibility (not Apple HomeKit)"