• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulryan
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2005

X10 Module Repair HowTo Available ?

Has anyone come across a good repair HowTo, i have a few dead
    appliance modules that are begging for reuse.
  • danward79
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Jul 2004

Re: X10 Module Repair HowTo Available ?

Hi

Have a look at this thread, I found a link to a site that may help you.

Cheers

Dan

Comment

• pjturner
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Oct 2004

I have just (independently) been looking into the same issue and I note this recent thread

that says the triac sometimes fails. I then found an article about replacing relays in X10 modules (including talk of triacs)

and a non-home automation linked article on testing a triac http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/gadgets/triactst.htm

...as you will gather I am no electronics expert but I wonder if anyone cleverer than me could comment on whether it is possible to test and replace a triac, relay or whatever commonly fails in an AM12U module (I have one that just seems unresponsive) and another that repetitively clicks as if its *trying* to switch itself on)

any help gratefully received

Comment

• pjturner
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Oct 2004

sorry - I've now bothered to open up the two malfunctioning modules - the rattling one just had a loose spring on the contact arm which I have reconnected but the dud one has black burn marks all round the inside of one corner around a large rectangular component 25x8x18mm - is this a relay or the "triac"?? and, more to the point, is it replaceable? There is also some heat damage to the casing of a medium sized component - blue 6mm vertical disc thats one resistor away from the large component.

Comment

Working...
        X