• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

IOS App update 4.8

Just had an email from Home Honeywell to tell me the app has been updated. It actually updated on my IOS devices a few days ago. I have not noticed any difference or improvements and it seems to work just as it did before. Anybody found any differences?
  • Tigermad
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Nov 2018

My weather tab no longer works. Says cannot find my town.

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Tigermad View Post
      My weather tab no longer works. Says cannot find my town.
      Just checked. Same for me.

Comment

• Jemster
        Automated Home Guru
        • Dec 2018

Let me tell you a storrrrrryyyy...

Today, for the first time in ages, my daughter was home early from school, and seeing as it's a bit Baltic out there, I texted her to see if she wanted the heat on. She said yes so I fired up the App on the phone and selected the Day Off override.

Nothing. Waited... Nothing. Exited app, came back to it, top line had changed to Following Schedule. So I re-selected Day Off and waited. Nothing. Killed app, restarted it, following Schedule. Sigh. Did it again. This time it decided to tell me it had lost communication with the controller.

Gave up - phoned home and was instructing her how to override and guess what... yep... it was already overridden. So the message had got through OK but the App hadn't updated.

So I waited 10 minutes, re-checked the app and the comms error has cleared but it still says Following Schedule and the setpoints are unchanged, however the temperatures are rising.

I then got an email telling me about the App update.

So now it's obvious why nothing is working properly.

And yep, my weather tab is borked as well. Who let these guys near computers???

(Set Points several hours later are still incorrect but the temperatures for each zone are correct, evidently communication is working to an extent)

Comment

• JamboV6
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Oct 2017

Doesn't even show up on the play store! Still showing v3.6

Comment

• Jemster
            Automated Home Guru
            • Dec 2018

Back in the house now and the set points are all correct in the app and the weather tab is now working.

Move along, nothing to see here...

Comment

• DorrisMancer
              Automated Home Guru
              • Nov 2017

I've updated but can't see anything new, so I wonder what the update fixed ... ?

Comment

• Jemster
                Automated Home Guru
                • Dec 2018

Another interesting possible side-effect discovered last night... my heating goes off at 11pm. At 11:20, the boiler was still running and the EvoHome controller was showing all zone set points at 10 degrees, and all room temperatures well above this level so there was no reason it should have been on.

I flicked it off using the BDR91 and went to bed. The only explanation I can think of is that my day-off schedule runs until 11:30 and somehow some part of the controller still thought it was in Day-Off mode. Has anybody noticed if there's been a corresponding software update to the controller?

Comment

• filbert
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Oct 2017

Originally posted by JamboV6 View Post
                  Doesn't even show up on the play store! Still showing v3.6
                  It’s on my Android phone now. Release notes mention ios 13, so not much for Android, maybe

Comment

• filbert
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Jemster View Post
                    Back in the house now and the set points are all correct in the app and the weather tab is now working.

Move along, nothing to see here...

Nothing looks broken on mine

Comment

• DBMandrake
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Sep 2014

I got the email announcing 4.8 too, got all excited that we might finally have got an overhaul to the app - which is pretty cumbersome and clunky to use and missing basic features like being able to assign overrides to multiple zones at once, or being able to change an override without half a dozen steps, then found I already had the 4.8 update and absolutely nothing visible has changed.

Weather is still working for me, not that I would look in the Honeywell app for a weather report though!

Comment

• G4RHL
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                        I got the email announcing 4.8 too, got all excited that we might finally have got an overhaul to the app - which is pretty cumbersome and clunky to use and missing basic features like being able to assign overrides to multiple zones at once, or being able to change an override without half a dozen steps, then found I already had the 4.8 update and absolutely nothing visible has changed.

Weather is still working for me, not that I would look in the Honeywell app for a weather report though!
                        Like you I was fired with the same enthusiasm on receiving the email then to find I was already running and could not see any difference. I have checked my weather and it recognises me now. It is about the last app you would ever go to to check weather. The app remains so slow to load in and update itself

Comment

Working...
                        X