Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Evohome Hot water problems

Automated Home Jr Member

Maybe they should rename it Evohope lol

FWIW I've had my hot water kit installed for about a month now and not had any issues, it's running on the batteries it was supplied with. Must admit it's quite cool being able to see the temperature displayed on the evotouch panel.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by therealfronty View Post
    Maybe they should rename it Evohope lol

FWIW I've had my hot water kit installed for about a month now and not had any issues, it's running on the batteries it was supplied with. Must admit it's quite cool being able to see the temperature displayed on the evotouch panel.
    Thanks that is an attraction for me and the ability to retire some time controllers that are in a bad position for me to check.

The Ability to have it on one display and see it from abroad (when I used to go abroad, will those days return....)

Location of BDR91.jpg

I am hoping their will be minimal comms issues as there will be no wall between the EvoHome Controller and the BDR91 for the valve and the CS92 which will be above the controller as shown in image spaced 30cm apart from the original BDR91 installed when I had the Central Heating system set up...

My plumber who installed the system in Sept 2018 was dead set against the Hot Water being done as he had lots of problems with the CS92 kit and another client.

Automated Home Legend

Simon has learnt to live with the quirkiness of the system. He hasn't thrown his system away. We all use it quite actively. And even though it's not perfect, it's still probably the best smart heating system out there.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Simon has learnt to live with the quirkiness of the system. He hasn't thrown his system away. We all use it quite actively. And even though it's not perfect, it's still probably the best smart heating system out there.
    My hot water sensor went in February last when I replaced my boiler with a combi. I now donít get any faults appearing in the log. In the past they were a regular occurrence and always the hot water sensor losing contact. Others have expounded at length here on the reasons for this and the bug in the sensor. However, despite the fairly regular fault I used to get, the system always worked just fine.

Automated Home Legend

Believe it or not the bug is in the Controller and not the sensor. It's caused by the Controller missing the infrequent sensor message when the temp of the water is not changing rapidly.
    People think it's the sensor because when you reboot the sensor the errors disappear. What actually happens is that when you reboot the sensor, it sends a few messages in quick succession which makes the Controller happy.

Automated Home Guru

I find the comms failures irritating rather than a deal breaker and would still install the HW control if I was starting again.

Automated Home Lurker

I have had my Evohome installed since October 2019 including HW control and in that time I can't recall ever having a comms error due to the HW sensor, so it isn't a guaranteed problem to have.

Automated Home Legend

It all depends how you have your HW schedule set. If the HW temperature is constantly changing it causes the sensor to send our messages more frequently, which works fine for the Controller.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    It all depends how you have your HW schedule set. If the HW temperature is constantly changing it causes the sensor to send our messages more frequently, which works fine for the Controller.
    With my current setup I have the boiler fire up three times a day, morning noon and early evening to make sure I have hot water for the day. Retired so at home mostly now...

What sort of schedule do you run? Or others?

Automated Home Legend

If you have HW scheduled to come on that frequently you might never see the notorious comms failure error. Go for it. I have Solar panels, so it's not unusual for my HW to not come on for several months during the warmer period.