Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Evohome Hot water problems

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    I've set my Away to 10 degrees as well. Heating Off and Away have different use scenarios.

Heating Off is for summer when you just want to completely turn off the heating schedule but still allow hot water. Since it's summer there's no chance of the house getting extremely cold 5C is OK as an off setting.

Away mode is when you're away from the house, possibly for extended periods of time, and including winter.

The default for Away is actually 15C not 5C, as far as I can remember ?

I'm not guaranteeing that that's optimal for all installations - but on an installation where the system is having comms errors with the CS92A and other things have been checked it's certainly worth trying, even if it looks a little strange!
    Any update on this? The thread has gone quiet...

Automated Home Sr Member

Can anyone tell me how I remove a CS92 transceiver? I think I need to move mine after a new towel rail was installed and the pipe is only about 6" away from it.
    It's quite low down and there's no obvious way to pop it of it's mount and I don't want to break it by poking in the wrong place.

Automated Home Legend

I have been here before. I installed mine so close to the floor and with things in front that I had to break the backbox to get it out!
    Behind the batteries there are two clips that need to be lifted together and I think there is another clip right at the bottom.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    I have been here before. I installed mine so close to the floor and with things in front that I had to break the backbox to get it out!
    Behind the batteries there are two clips that need to be lifted together and I think there is another clip right at the bottom.
    Thanks, just two clips behind the batteries, as you said. Nothing at the bottom.

I've moved it so I'll be in to see if the hot water temp is more consistent. It's still a bit close to the tank (200mm) but I can't get it much further away without replacing the wire as it's a small airing cupboard. At least it's only 2m and 1 brick wall from the control box.
    Last edited by filbert; 6th May 2020 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Typos

Automated Home Legend

Oh and BTW my CS92A has been quite happily using my Evohome wall mount power supply put through a low noise 3.2V step down. One less set of batteries for me to worry about.