New Evo Home installation - Advice required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Homeauto123
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2017

New Evo Home installation - Advice required!

Hello,

I am hoping to do a new install of Evo Home and I am in need of some advice.

The installation is as follows:

- Oil Fired system boiler heating an unvented hot water cylinder and heating loop;

- Normal radiators installed across 8 room/zones;

- The distance between the boiler, where the BDR91s will be installed, and the inside of the house where the central control unit will be is about 10m and two brick walls;

I plan to install 8x HR92 Radiator Controllers and the hot water controller; I am assuming that the HR92 controller will act as effective thermostats and you don't need anything else in the room;

Is communication between the central control unit and the BDR91s often a problem at this kind of distance and through walls?

Is there any thing else I've missed or any new evo home products to be aware of?

I'd be really grateful for any thoughts or advice.
  • DanD
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Feb 2016

I plan to install 8x HR92 Radiator Controllers and the hot water controller; I am assuming that the HR92 controller will act as effective thermostats and you don't need anything else in the room;
    Yes, just using the HR92s should work OK. I use 16 of the HR92s split into 12 zones without any additional thermostats etc and they work perfectly.

Is communication between the central control unit and the BDR91s often a problem at this kind of distance and through walls?
    I self-installed my Evohome system in a large 5 bed extended 1930s house. I think you should be OK with the communication between controller and BDR91s, but it's definitely a good idea to test out the signal before finalising your layout. Obviously it's preferable to minimise cable runs as it's a wireless system, but the BDR91s can almost be sited wherever you like (just like the cabling for a traditional wired thermostat). The hot water sensor seems to cause the most problems with loss of connection. Is your cylinder near the boiler or in a more central location, nearer to the controller?

Is there any thing else I've missed or any new evo home products to be aware of?
    The only thing I can think of is, do you have a bypass loop with an automatic bypass valve or alternatively a radiator without a TRV? There needs to be somewhere for the water to flow and dissipate heat in situations where all the TRVs are closed.

Comment

Working...
    X