• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anniesboy
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Aug 2019

Evohome controller clock stopped

I woke this morning to find only three radiators on,on looking at my controller clock it had stopped at 7.15am.

I checked that jack plug was firmly in place before resetting the time but it did not start after separating batteries a few times clock decided to start again.

Any ideas as to why this happened ?
  • sminkypinky155
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jun 2015

I believe that sometimes the unit loses contact with the servers, 7.15 would have been the exact time this happened.

Comment

• anniesboy
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Aug 2019

Thanks for that thought, I did not notice if wifi was connected.
      As it is working OK at the moment I will leave alone but will check connectivity should it happen again.

Comment

• sminkypinky155
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Jun 2015

If it does happen again you will probably find that the controller is still showing as connected to your wifi. I've had to disconnect and enter the details again to make it work.

Comment

• anniesboy
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Aug 2019

Thank you,I will do just that if needed.

Comment

• DBMandrake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Sep 2014

Lots of threads have covered this problem before - a search for clock stoppped should turn them up.

It's not loss of Wifi that causes it, it's probably a firmware bug. Unfortunately it has been present for the four years that I've had mine so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it to be fixed! Fortunately it only happens very rarely.

Resetting the time will not help - a full reboot of the controller is required to get the clock running properly again...

Comment

• anniesboy
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Aug 2019

Thank for that information,I did notice that attempting to reset time had no effect. After ensuring the power jack was firmly inserted I ruled that out.
              I then separated the batteries in the controller shortly after the clock started.
              At this point on the panel three zones were showing an egg timer,a quick google pointed to loss of sync, easily resolved bu pressing the button on HR92.
              This my first central heating system (having previously had storage heaters) I am still learning the quirks of Evohome.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

The egg timer just means it hasn't received any transmissions from the temperature sensor in the zone since the controller was rebooted, as they are only sent periodically and not very often if the temperature is stable. Pressing the button on the HR92 can speed up this process (assuming it is the temperature sensor...) but if you just wait it will come right by itself in about half an hour.

Comment

Working...
                X