Evohome compatible with mix of HR91s and HR92s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AH_
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2019

Evohome compatible with mix of HR91s and HR92s?

Hi,

I've searched far and wide but haven't found anywhere that confirms the evohome system can have a mixture of both HR91s and HR92s connected to the same system.

I can't think of any reason it couldn't but please could someone confirm they have set this up without issue?

The main reason for wanting to do this is that I have a toddler and I can very much see him pulling the screens off the HR92s (as I've seen some other posters mention), however, it would be nice to put the HR92s in places where they'll be more useful and he won't get to such as the guest room.

Thanks
    Last edited by AH_; 11 December 2019, 05:59 PM.
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Yes, you can mix HR92 and HR91 on the same Evohome system - I had an HR91 for evaluation on my system for a while, however I didn't keep it as I didn't like the performance of the HR91 nor the compatibility with my TRV valve bodies.

As for preventing the screen being ripped off (which my 3 year old has done twice) I found a reasonable solution is to remove the triangle wedge so the screen can sit flat then put a loop of regular clear cellotape across the screen and around the entire body - this keeps the screen firmly locked down flat so it can't be lifted yet is invisible from a distance.

I've done this to several of my HR92's now that are in "vulnerable" locations and no more mishaps since then...

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

A cable tie round the body might also work, and lot leave dried sticky if you want to remove it.

Comment

• AH_
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Dec 2019

Thank you both. Very helpful replies!

DBMandrake, could you point me at further reading regarding the HR91 performance & compatibility issues you refer to? I was planning to buy quite a few of these...

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
          A cable tie round the body might also work, and lot leave dried sticky if you want to remove it.
          But be extremely ugly, draw attention of a toddler and be very easy to slide up and down scratching the surface or popping off altogether ?

Good quality clear cellotape is almost invisible and can be removed with minimal if any residue, and I don't have any plans to remove it anyway..

Comment

• paulockenden
            Automated Home Legend
            • Apr 2015

I find that (even good quality) tape tends to go yellow and leave a hard dry coating when used close to a heat source.

Horses for courses. I guess it depends on just how destructive the particular toddler is!

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

Well one day I came home (later than my other half) and found the DTS92 that normally sits on one of the loudspeakers in the living room disassembled in on the floor in another room, so yeah....

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jul 2014

I keep saying this but the HR80 was better in so many ways. I only have those in my system.

Comment

Working...
                X