• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morpheus
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Apr 2016

No way to have the HR92 commanding the BDR91

Hi there,

A friend of mine is not succeeding in setting up its unique HR92 commanding the BDR91.

He has an evotouch in a room with radiators without HR92's .. in that room the Evotouch is succeeding to start the BDR91.
    He wants to setup its unique HR92 in another room, but that is not working :

When changing the temperature on the Evotouch for that zone containing the HR92, the T is coming on the display of the GR92, the engine runs but the BDR91 is not activated.
    When changing the temperature on the HR92, it comes on the display of the evotouch, but the BDR91 also doesn't start.

I have suggested to reset the BDR91 and delete then redefine the zone, but no success.
    Any idea what the issue could be ?

Many thanks !
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

The configuration he's trying to achieve is not supported.

With Evohome you can have a single zone without any TRV which just controls a boiler like a traditional wall thermostat, however as soon as you start adding HR92's in additional zones you MUST have an actuator for every zone other than just the main boiler relay. This could be an HR92 or a zone valve etc...

So in short, it can't be done. An HR92 will have to be added to the original zone to continue to be able to control it when additional zones are added to the system.

Yes, there are some hacks to try to work around this (including double binding, binding a device then deleting it again etc) and I've tried them myself for a while as I was in exactly the same situation when I first started expanding my system, however these hacks don't work properly and are definitely not supported by Honeywell. I just had hours of headaches and constant comms errors being reported.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 13 December 2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• morpheus
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Apr 2016

Thanks a lot DBMandrake for the quick reply.
      So let me please rephrase in "my" English because I do not understand all your words.

So I understand this is not possible to have 1 Evotouch acting as the thermostat in a room and an HT92 in another zone to be controlled.
      I understand he needs to place HR92('s) in the zone where the Evotouch is located (then he will be able to add HR92's in other zones and it will work), is it correct ?

What is this limitation due to ? I can not read this anywhere ... ?
      What is "TRV" ? and an "actuator" ?

So bottom line you are OLBIGED to have HR92's in the zone where the Evotouch is located, then you can still choose to use the Evotouch OR the BDR92 in that zone as the thermostat (Temperature measurement for the room) ?
      How does he have to change its configuration to tell the evotouch there is an HR92 in that room ? I opened another post asking what the options when setting up a zone were meaning ...

Many thanks !!

Comment

Working...
      X