Evohome: living room getting warmer when warming other room!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frankmalia
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Apr 2019

Understand your point. Its all good and interesting and gives me something tinker with. Work with proportional control at work, big industrial shit. For me it just needs a small change, a variable in the menu. But if the HR92s are not update able. Then I think we are stuck with it as there maybe is only so much the touch screen can do.

Got four valves I want to change out and also want add a towel radiator hr92. £16 for standard valve bodies is great but £80 towel radiator one is steep

I'll let you know. Will be in 2 months now, as I am busy.

Don't suppose you got a write up for how you log stuff with your graphs.

Got a raspberry running a music so I can talk to Alexa and play my mp3 music for free. instead of paying for amazon music, was wondering how difficult the setup you have is. Bear in mind I am a copy only techy type guy when it comes to this Raspberry and python stuff.

Thanks

Frank

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by frankmalia View Post
      Understand your point. Its all good and interesting and gives me something tinker with. Work with proportional control at work, big industrial shit. For me it just needs a small change, a variable in the menu. But if the HR92s are not update able. Then I think we are stuck with it as there maybe is only so much the touch screen can do.
      I agree that an adjustment in the menu to cope better with the different characteristics of different valves would be helpful, although technically there already is one - the Stroke setting. Unfortunately it only has two settings, 0 or 1, so won't account for all valve types, and there will be some that are incompatible no matter what due to the pin length being out of range, being too hard to push down etc...
      Don't suppose you got a write up for how you log stuff with your graphs.

Got a raspberry running a music so I can talk to Alexa and play my mp3 music for free. instead of paying for amazon music, was wondering how difficult the setup you have is. Bear in mind I am a copy only techy type guy when it comes to this Raspberry and python stuff.
      Don't really have anything no, however it's not too hard if you've done anything with Linux.

Munin can be installed from Raspbian using apt-get. You also need to install watchforstock's evohomeclient libraries (python bindings for the Evohome API) which can by done using python pip. There are some basic instructions on how to set it up on the Evohome-munin github repo I linked to earlier.

Comment

• frankmalia
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Apr 2019

Had a play about with balancing radiators. Got all of them with about a 10'C drop across valves with boiler running 61'C.

Then left system couple of days. Found a couple of rooms could not keep temperature setpoint, so cracked lock shield a bit more open 1/8 turn every day until the temperature raised to S.P. and behaved better. Overshoots have dramatically reduced and control is better.

As always there is still overshoots when there is large heat demand you still get a overshoots, but there not as bad.

Let you know when I change some valves

Comment

Working...
        X