• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YC-London
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2019

Evohome HCC80R Underfloor Heating

We have 4 zones underfloor heating connected to HCC80R which is connected to Evohome Controller. The 4 zones have single zone Thermostats T87RF connected to Evohome Controller. My installer has connected the pump and the Combi boiler to BDR91. So whenever a zone call up for heat the zone light comes on in HCC80R and then the BDR91 comes on which turns on the pump and the boiler. My question is can the pump and the boiler be connected directly to HCC80R without using the relay BDR91.
    I will appreciate your reply. Thanking you in advance.
  • courcirc8
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Dec 2014

According to the installation manual (p5 and others)

The HCC80R has an internal 42V relay for boiler feedback, but BDR91 can be used instead.
    But what surprise me is the pump connected with BDR since HCC80R have a separated relay for that.
    Merging heat demand (boiler feedback) and pump will work but does not sound very energy efficient...

Comment

• YC-London
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Dec 2019

Dear courcirc8 - I understand that the pump can be connected directly to pump connection on the right hand side of HCC80R -(12)Connector for supply voltage, pump on the diagram. But where can the boiler be connected. Is it on the same connection as the pump. Please advise. Thank you.

Comment

• courcirc8
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Dec 2014

I don't have a HCC80R below the eyes but I guess it is as the same place as the analog output of the HCC80

(on the left side) please test it before connecting....
        I admit that Honeywell doc is...very minimal...

Comment

• YC-London
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Dec 2019

Thank you courcirc8. I will get it tested. Appreciate your assistance.

Comment

Working...
          X