• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frankmalia
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Apr 2019

Originally posted by top brake View Post
    the timing is actually to coincide with the next heating season Q3, but it will also help in the shoulder seasons

When is Heating Season Q3......?

Comment

• FullBore
      Automated Home Guru
      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by frankmalia View Post
      When is Heating Season Q3......?
      Is Evhome only marketed in the Northern Hemisphere ?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

Isn't the world flat any way?

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
          Isn't the world flat any way?
          No it is definitely round as when you fly to Australia from the UK it is quicker going than coming back because going it is downhill.

Comment

• DIY2
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Mar 2019

Hope they have sorted out the lack of a Max CH temp setting for opentherm compatibility (or at least allow you to change the max % to something less than 100%) with all those boilers out there that disable their dials when connected to opentherm.

It makes a bit of a mockery of opentherm savings when your condensing boiler never goes into condensing mode as it tries to sit at +80 flow except for the small periods when every zone in the house is within 1deg of setpoint.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

Unless the OTB is intelligent enough to simply respond and relay a new OT command to the boiler, I cannot see how a new Controller firmware will fix this for the handful of boilers that need this optional parameter.

Comment

• G4RHL
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2015

It sounds like I have a learning curve ahead to study more about Opentherm. Never mind choosing efficient good quality radiators!

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jul 2014

Choose a boiler that has been currently confirmed to work correctly with the OTB, rather than hedging your bet on better future support. Only a small minority aren't and even for them, adding an OTGW is an easy solution if proper OT functionality is required.
                  Shameless product placement: I have an OTGW for sale :-)

Comment

• a62vw
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by DIY2 View Post
                    Hope they have sorted out the lack of a Max CH temp setting for opentherm compatibility (or at least allow you to change the max % to something less than 100%) with all those boilers out there that disable their dials when connected to opentherm.

It makes a bit of a mockery of opentherm savings when your condensing boiler never goes into condensing mode as it tries to sit at +80 flow except for the small periods when every zone in the house is within 1deg of setpoint.
                    Try setting the Tmax on the boiler BEFORE attaching the Opentherm bridge. I have seen this work in most cases.
                    I work for Resideo. However, any views expressed are mine and not those my employer.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by a62vw View Post
                      Try setting the Tmax on the boiler BEFORE attaching the Opentherm bridge. I have seen this work in most cases.
                      This could be huge.

Comment

• jb80
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Aug 2018

Originally posted by top brake View Post
                        heads up folks, you should be hearing from Resideo about this firmware update very soon
                        Thanks for the product update, it's very much appreciated

Shall the firmware update be pushed to all units automatically or shall we request a manual push from Resideo support?

Would you be able to share the software release notes once they become available?

Comment

Working...
                        X