Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: evohome update 2020

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Minimum hot water temperature is set indirectly by changing the differential. Minimum = setpoint - differential, so increase the differential number.

Keep in mind that if the minimum temperature is too low and hot water usage is low there is a theoretical increased risk of Legionalla.
    I think I explained badly, hot water comes on in the morning at this time of year. and reached the set Temp 46C. That gives us two showers, we then leave for work. The Tank is normally at 18-20C at that point. Now if one shower is longer and the tank reaches 10C the boiler comes on ( like a frost setting).It shows as off on the Evo home screen but the BDR 91 box for the water is showing green. Can that Temp be altered ? As I say I think its like a frost setting but for the DHW.
    Thanks,

FLY

Automated Home Legend

The hot water control does indeed have frost protection although I believe it activates at 5C not 10C.

Your cold water supply must be very cold, I've never seen it trigger on my system! A couple of other users here have though.

No you can't disable it, and why would you want to ? A frozen cylinder would be disaster and the frost protection is there to protect you against that. I can't see any reason why you'd want your hot water cylinder to go below 5C.

It doesn't do a full reheat when the frost protect kicks in - I believe it only goes up to something like 20C, and then won't come on again until it drops below 5C again.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 13th January 2020 at 09:25 PM.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    The hot water control does indeed have frost protection although I believe it activates at 5C not 10C.

Your cold water supply must be very cold, I've never seen it trigger on my system! A couple of other users here have though.

No you can't disable it, and why would you want to ? A frozen cylinder would be disaster and the frost protection is there to protect you against that. I can't see any reason why you'd want your hot water cylinder to go below 5C.

It doesn't do a full reheat when the frost protect kicks in - I believe it only goes up to something like 20C, and then won't come on again until it drops below 5C again.
    Thanks for the extra info, I will conduct a few more tests, but im pretty sure its not going off a 5C incoming water main temp is currently 8C maybe a touch more.
    Thanks again.
    FLY

Automated Home Jr Member

This is unconfirmed information of course, but I just got off the phone with one of the Evohome tech support guys and he happened to mention on the call that we will be getting firmware updates soon...he used the plural, which makes me wonder if they're planning a series of roll-outs of new functionality

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rs1987 View Post
    This is unconfirmed information of course, but I just got off the phone with one of the Evohome tech support guys and he happened to mention on the call that we will be getting firmware updates soon...he used the plural, which makes me wonder if they're planning a series of roll-outs of new functionality
    Based on past experience, do not expect much given the limitations of the Evohome operating system. The two updates normally relate to the firmware AND the wifi.

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

heads up folks, you should be hearing from Resideo about this firmware update very soon
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Automated Home Jr Member

Always good getting heating control updates just as the heating will be getting turned off in the next few weeks. Good for anyone south of the equator though!

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

the timing is actually to coincide with the next heating season Q3, but it will also help in the shoulder seasons
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JamboV6 View Post
    Always good getting heating control updates just as the heating will be getting turned off in the next few weeks. Good for anyone south of the equator though!
    Last time a firmware update was released in the middle of winter and caused problems for a few people Honeywell were blasted for releasing the update in the middle of the heating season! They can't win...

Also I don't know what part of the UK you live in (or country) but up here, heating is still definitely required in March!

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JamboV6 View Post

I am sure mine is not going off in the next few weeks. It is bad enough trying to persuade my wife not to want it turned up! But then she is justified for ladies feel the heat more and I think I am right saying for some there is up to a 3C degree difference between what a man may feel is cold to what a lady does. Definitely no heating off here for some time. Indeed it has been known to snow in June! Of course if the firmware has been thoroughly tested with actual users there will be no problems, will there?!