Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: evohome update 2020

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by top brake View Post
    the timing is actually to coincide with the next heating season Q3, but it will also help in the shoulder seasons

When is Heating Season Q3......?

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by frankmalia View Post
    When is Heating Season Q3......?
    Is Evhome only marketed in the Northern Hemisphere ?

Automated Home Legend

Isn't the world flat any way?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Isn't the world flat any way?
    No it is definitely round as when you fly to Australia from the UK it is quicker going than coming back because going it is downhill.

Automated Home Jr Member

Hope they have sorted out the lack of a Max CH temp setting for opentherm compatibility (or at least allow you to change the max % to something less than 100%) with all those boilers out there that disable their dials when connected to opentherm.

It makes a bit of a mockery of opentherm savings when your condensing boiler never goes into condensing mode as it tries to sit at +80 flow except for the small periods when every zone in the house is within 1deg of setpoint.

Automated Home Legend

Unless the OTB is intelligent enough to simply respond and relay a new OT command to the boiler, I cannot see how a new Controller firmware will fix this for the handful of boilers that need this optional parameter.

Automated Home Legend

It sounds like I have a learning curve ahead to study more about Opentherm. Never mind choosing efficient good quality radiators!

Automated Home Legend

Choose a boiler that has been currently confirmed to work correctly with the OTB, rather than hedging your bet on better future support. Only a small minority aren't and even for them, adding an OTGW is an easy solution if proper OT functionality is required.
    Shameless product placement: I have an OTGW for sale :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DIY2 View Post
    Hope they have sorted out the lack of a Max CH temp setting for opentherm compatibility (or at least allow you to change the max % to something less than 100%) with all those boilers out there that disable their dials when connected to opentherm.

It makes a bit of a mockery of opentherm savings when your condensing boiler never goes into condensing mode as it tries to sit at +80 flow except for the small periods when every zone in the house is within 1deg of setpoint.
    Try setting the Tmax on the boiler BEFORE attaching the Opentherm bridge. I have seen this work in most cases.
    I work for Resideo. However, any views expressed are mine and not those my employer.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by a62vw View Post
    Try setting the Tmax on the boiler BEFORE attaching the Opentherm bridge. I have seen this work in most cases.
    This could be huge.