Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Monitor boiler parameters when using an OT Bridge, a HGI80 and Evohome

Automated Home Legend

Default Monitor boiler parameters when using an OT Bridge, a HGI80 and Evohome

If you have an OT Bridge, an HGI80 (or similar) and Evohome, you can now monitor the boiler parameters on Domoticz. My code changes will create new additional devices to track various boiler parameter e.g. Control Setpoint, Flow and Return Temperatures, Relative Modulation Level etc. The devices are called the same names as they would have if you were using an OTGW directly attached to Domoticz.

Have a play and let me know how you get on. Until my PR gets merged with the main Domoticz code base, you'll get to grab the code from my branch at https://github.com/brucemiranda/domoticz

Automated Home Legend

My code changes are now also able to track if the boiler flame is ON or OFF and that is reported on Domoticz too.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    If you have an OT Bridge, an HGI80 (or similar) and Evohome, you can now monitor the boiler parameters on Domoticz. My code changes will create new additional devices to track various boiler parameter e.g. Control Setpoint, Flow and Return Temperatures, Relative Modulation Level etc. The devices are called the same names as they would have if you were using an OTGW directly attached to Domoticz.

Have a play and let me know how you get on. Until my PR gets merged with the main Domoticz code base, you'll get to grab the code from my branch at https://github.com/brucemiranda/domoticz
    I confirm that the new code you pushed late 2019 in the main dev branch of Domoticz is working fine.
    It shows proper values on my system (based on a Perfinox 4100 + HGI80 + OT Bridge).
    I'll need to wait until your code is streamlined into the dev branch of Domoticz, I would like to avoid wrecking up my current Domoticz config by switching to your dev branch.

If I may comment, having a unit displayed for the values with a unit would be great. I'm not sure the official OpenTherm specs units that are supposed to be used.

Code:
    2020-01-19 15:22:08.551 Status: evohome: OPENTHERM_BRIDGE: Fault Code = 0000
    2020-01-19 15:22:09.146 Status: evohome: OPENTHERM_BRIDGE: Relative Modulation Level = 2400
    2020-01-19 15:22:09.604 Status: evohome: OPENTHERM_BRIDGE: CH water pressure = 0169
    2020-01-19 15:22:10.134 Status: evohome: OPENTHERM_BRIDGE: DHW flow rate = 0000
    2020-01-19 15:22:10.727 Status: evohome: OPENTHERM_BRIDGE: Flow water temperature = 65.00C
    2020-01-19 15:22:11.318 Status: evohome: OPENTHERM_BRIDGE: DHW Temperature = 64.00C
    2020-01-19 15:22:12.307 Status: evohome: OPENTHERM_BRIDGE: Return water temperature = 53.00C
    2020-01-19 15:22:12.901 Status: evohome: OPENTHERM_BRIDGE: OEM diagnostic code = 0000

Automated Home Legend

Thanks for that. My latest code changes now no longer simply display these messages on the Status Log, but actually make these into devices that are updated as the messages come in. That then allows you to treat them like other Domoticz devices.

Automated Home Jr Member

That was my undertanding. And it looks promissing !
    But i will wait until you push the code into the dev/beta branch to update my install. I'm chickening out

Automated Home Legend

Completely understand. However you have just shown me that on some boilers the OTB is able to read and display the DHW Temperatures too.

Automated Home Legend

My changes are now in the main development branch of Domoticz, so if you update your code and recompile it, you will get them.

Automated Home Jr Member

Yes, all seems good.
    But I've the feeling I've lost the error codes reporting.
    It's a good thing to keep them somehow, as in my config, the boiler sometimes is getting trouble following the orders and falls in error mode. It eventually gets our of error, but I'm missing the ability to follow this up.
    Unless I'm mistaken, only the data that goes into the devices are now fetch.

To monitor my error codes, I could put the otgw that I've idle (and that I have built for that), but lazyness got the better of it, so far :-)
    (Or even better, evohome firmware should have the ability to report back those data instead of throwing them away)

Automated Home Legend

Dont worry, the error code is tracked into a device. If you dont see a device that means you have no Error code. I create devices only for messages that have a non zero value. This way the database isnt tracking a value forever.

Automated Home Jr Member

It makes sense, even if it means that I cannot activate the device until it generates it first error code.

My boiler generated a new OEM Error code, so I've been able to add it, but I'm still missing the general fault code to track it.
    (OEM Error beeing 61, or for my boiler "Ambiant Sensor in Fault", I consider this is a false positive of my LMU64<>OT Gateway).

Btw, since it was generated, I've the feeling the value is "kept", even if the error is now gone. I don't know how to go around that to "acknowledge" the error and clear the counter/device.
    Last edited by oxygen; 20th January 2020 at 10:35 AM.