Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Monitor boiler parameters when using an OT Bridge, a HGI80 and Evohome

Automated Home Legend

Ah yes, I can see why, its an issue with the way Domoticz works. To get around that, I think it might be better to just log everything, so that way you know for a fact that a 0 error code has been received and then you can also see when errors are cleared.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Just updated to the latest dev build and I can see the new 'devices'. I confirm that the values match what I see through the Intergas InComfort interface (which I also feed to Domoticz).

Thanks Bruce!

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by oxygen View Post
    Btw, since it was generated, I've the feeling the value is "kept", even if the error is now gone. I don't know how to go around that to "acknowledge" the error and clear the counter/device.
    What do people feel is a better solution for devices that track an error code? Keep it at the last error code until the next one or reset the error code, if the error gets reset. With the first solution if an error happens overnight, you will still know in the morning, however it will stay that way until you know how to reset it on Domoticz. Or if I just make the device track whatever the boiler sends then you could potentially use the Notify feature in Domoticz to inform you of a momentary error condition. However then, Domoticz will potentially be logging a lot of 0s.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    What do people feel is a better solution for devices that track an error code? Keep it at the last error code until the next one or reset the error code, if the error gets reset. With the first solution if an error happens overnight, you will still know in the morning, however it will stay that way until you know how to reset it on Domoticz. Or if I just make the device track whatever the boiler sends then you could potentially use the Notify feature in Domoticz to inform you of a momentary error condition. However then, Domoticz will potentially be logging a lot of 0s.
    It's a tricky question.
    The thing is my config generates a lot of errors. This is not your code, this is really my setup (My Perfinox 4100 is not officially OT compatible, yet beeing controlled by an LMU64, it reacts perfectly well to OT. That beeing said, it sometimes has trouble following the requested load sent by the OT Gateway // this is my understanding based on now ~2years of running it)

last-7-days.jpg

The issue in your code is that the error code is changed just when a NEW code is collected.
    In between, I've no way to know for sure if the error went away or not.

This is true for the error code 61 that you can see, as it is actually a "ghost" error (it happens only once and then disapears, quite opposed to the error 151)

61 is "Faulty Ambiant Sensor"
    151 is LMU issue, usually coming with a "ionisation current limitation".

From my understanding, the OT Gateway may request a too low modulation and the boiler fails to keep it so flameout/ionisation current limit occurs.

With the current code behavior, I cannot know for sure if the error was "ghostly" (as in occured just once, or it was there for a "long time").
    => My feeling is reset the code if the OT Gateway reset the code.
    The logging is still there to followup if there was an error.

If you want to be "better" you could still use a on/off device that you "enable" if you trap a non-zero value, and leave it to the "user" to reset this on/off device.
    This way we would have "an error was detected" in a specific device, and leave it to the user to acknoledge.

Automated Home Legend

If you pull down the new Beta you will get a change that keeps the devices updated with whatever value is received from the boiler. Unfortunately Domoticz has very few inbuilt devices that I can choose now. You can still get the device to trigger a notification on an error condition that you are interested in.
    My latest changes also displays the controller's Fault Logbook on the Status Log and generate a Domoticz error message if the Controller detects an error.

Automated Home Jr Member

Yup, all is working fine now
    You can see the "drop" to zero, and a few spikes occuring around 9.30ish this morning, and then back to zero.
    This is better (and map the error values the boiler shows).
    last-7-days (1).jpg

I agree with you, a simple script can handle the notification if need be !

(Now I'll need to understand how to get data from the HGI80 out of standlone thermostats such as the T87 or the DT92, as I'm just able to read the data out of the HR91/92)

Automated Home Legend

You don't even need a script to notify you of errors. Just use the inbuilt Notifications feature of the device in Domoticz and set the criteria for notification and the method of notification. In your case, you probably want to know about everything greater than 0. For some strange reason the Vaillant VR33 returns back a code of 255 as normal. I thought something was wrong with my code but then saw the OTGW report the same too. I guess that's the issue with leaving OEM fault codes, up to the OEMs!

Automated Home Legend

Could someone who has the 02.00.19.33 BETA version of the Evohome controller firmware confirm if their Domoticz is still updating the various OT devices in Domoticz. My Domoticz hasn't received any update to the OT devices in Domoticz from about July, which is about the time the new 2nd BETA firmware was released. So my boiler control setpoint and none of the OT devices have updated.

Automated Home Legend

Since the beta firmware, the controller no longer seems to be requesting the boiler parameters off the OT Bridge. So all the Domoticz OT Boiler devices don't get updated. Boiler modulation was still being received on another message, so that is still being updated. I will look to see how I can bring these back into Domoticz, if Resideo won't.

Automated Home Jr Member

Hey there
    I've just seen about the new firmware, and the bug you are facing.
    I'm still running the old firmware, so I'm a bit "scared" to ask for the new one when I read about your bug.

So if I understand correctly you loss:
    - OEM diagnostic code
    - Relative modulation level
    - OEM fault code
    - Flame On
    - Return Water Temperature
    - DHW Temperature (My setup has the boiler controlling the DHW on its own)
    - Boiler Water Temperature
    - CH Water Pressure
    - Control Setpoint

Is that correct ?
    I may ask for the new firmware to confirm your findings, but I was happy with my current readings
    (on the side note, I still have an OTGW sitting around that I could fireup to restore my readings)