X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oxygen
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Sep 2018

It seems I now have the same issue as you do.
    I've lost:
    - Boiler Temperature
    - DHW Temperature
    - Return Temperature
    - Control Point Temperature
    - OEM Fault Code
    - CH Water Pressure
    - Fault Flags
    - DHW flow rate

I'm still having:
    - FlameOn
    - Boiler
    - Boiler (OT Bridge)
    - Relative modulation level

Current Firmware is 19.33 (as it was before reboot).
    I had before the new optimized settings (cold boost or eco/boost mode), so firmware was "up and running" before the reboot.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2014

Yup it is very bizarre and Resideo insist that no change has been made to OT as part of this firmware update, but as you have seen clearly they have.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

Some good news, the OTB will still respond to requests asking it to provide the OT parameters from the boiler. Issue is that the Controller has stopped asking. I now need to find the time to get Domoticz to get the HGI80 to query the OTB for this information on a periodic basis.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

OK I have just finished coding Domoticz to restore the lost functionality of getting the OT parameters However the downside of my method is that you now need an HGI80 or similar. Rather than the Controller querying the data from the OT Bridge, the HGI80 Gateway now does that. For people who haven't been updated, the old functionality should still work as before.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jul 2014

My PR has just been merged with the Domoticz development Beta branch. So if you pull down the latest version, your OT parameters will refresh again every 5 mins, after an OT bridge has been detected on the system.
            I have even got some code ready (but not implemented yet) to pull a boiler connected Outside temperature sensor data back via the OT Bridge into Domoticz. I've discovered that the OT Bridge will respond to quite a wide range of OT commands. Almost anything the OTGW supports can be queried.
            So it's quite a wasted opportunity that Resideo didn't use a locally connected Outdoor sensor via OT for it's weather compensation, relying instead on an unreliable internet feed.
            Last edited by bruce_miranda; 22 February 2021, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
              So it's quite a wasted opportunity that Resideo didn't use a locally connected Outdoor sensor via OT for it's weather compensation, relying instead on an unreliable internet feed.
              I have my Honeywell outside sensor to install, the boiler having designated connection points for it, are you saying that if I install it OT will ignore it and rely on what the internet tells it?

Comment

• guyank
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                I have my Honeywell outside sensor to install, the boiler having designated connection points for it, are you saying that if I install it OT will ignore it and rely on what the internet tells it?
                Disappointingly, yes. I had the same idea when I had a new Intergas boiler installed, but the outside temperature sensor is useless with Evohome as it stands.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jul 2014

I was the most excited when Resideo said they were going to use the locally connected Outdoor Temperature Sensor which can be accessed via the OTB for their weather compensation features. The Resideo guys even insisted it was coded that way. It was only when I showed them evidence that the controller makes absolutely no OT parameter query, did they go back to the developers and found out they "ran out of time" to introduce that feature. Such a shame really.

Comment

• G4RHL
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jan 2015

I was the most excited when Resideo said they were going to use the locally connected Outdoor Temperature Sensor which can be accessed via the OTB for their weather compensation features. The Resideo guys even insisted it was coded that way. It was only when I showed them evidence that the controller makes absolutely no OT parameter query, did they go back to the developers and found out they "ran out of time" to introduce that feature. Such a shame really.
                    Well that saves me drilling a hole through my outside wall, getting the ladders out and screwing the sensor to the outside wall! Indeed also it removes the hassle of getting the front of the boiler off to wire it up! Mine is not easy to slide up and away, a pint of Guinness is needed first to give added strength!

Seriously though, it does seem silly not to take advantage of an accurate local sensor. Relying on the internet is not wonderful for this. Of late the app has been closer to the real temperature than it used to be, but not exactly the same. At present the app tells me it is 7C outside. The actual temperature outside my house, roughly where I would mount the sensor, is 6.5C (the same reading from two unrelated sensors - one a cctv camera, the other a Hue outdoor sensor). I suppose a differential of 0.5C will not be dramatic. Until more recent months the differential could be a couple of degrees at times.

Anyway I shall not drill holes today. It’s raining anyway!

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jul 2014

Does the boiler allow weather compensation with OT? Check that first, because I heard that some don't.

Comment

• G4RHL
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jan 2015

Does the boiler allow weather compensation with OT? Check that first, because I heard that some don't.
                        Thanks for this. The manual says:

“The boiler has a connection for an Intergas outdoor sensor. The outdoor sensor must be used in combination with an on/off or OpenTherm room thermostat.

In principle, any on/off or OpenTherm room thermostat can be combined with an Intergas outdoor sensor. With an on/ off thermostat, the boiler will adjust the flow temperature according to the set heating line. With an OpenTherm thermostat, this determines the influence on the flow temperature.”

This implies there is no conflict but it does not say if the Evohome Panel will take account of the sensor or ignore it. I suppose suck it and see. But then I may never know!

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jul 2014

I can answer your last question. It does not.

Comment

Working...
                          X