Thread: z-Wave/Llighwave RF and Homey

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Automated Home Sr Member ludditeal's Avatar

Default z-Wave/Llighwave RF and Homey

So recently into a new old house after doing some traveling.... in the last house just before we sold we replaced Idratek with Lightwave RF (Gen 1) as weren't sure how saleable it would be with Idratek. The wife absolutely loved the Lightwave sockets and light switches and for basic automation and retro fit it worked well.

I am now deciding what to put in the new house to add some automation. We are not rewiring so it is retrofit only. The functionality of z Wave appeals but the total lack of UK replacement sockets and light switches seems to be a killer. I saw on Vesternet that there is the Homey device which can do both z Wave and Lighwave (although need to confirm if it supports Gen 2 devices). So there is the option to use the Lightwave socket/switches as drop in for the the current switches and then for the additional automation requirements use some z Wave devices. We have Honeywell Evohome as a heating solution.

Anyone used a Homey (search of Automated home shows nothing) or are there any other options worth considering?

Thanks
    Allan

Automated Home Sr Member ludditeal's Avatar

Hmmm... so have spent an afternoon doing some more research especially with regard to the Gen 2 support... Seems that Homey doesn't support Lightwave natively and that it is via 3rd party maintained plugins or in the case of Homey-Lightwave unsupported 3rd party plugins... and the Gen 2 Lightwave is on a different frequency.

Chatting with Vesternet it seems they are withdrawing from selling Lightwave (everything on their site is "Stock coming soon") and it seems other suppliers are struggling with stock and the feedback on the Lightwave Facebook page isn't looking good so I think that forces the decision!