What is it with Heating Engineers and Evohome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
    I think most of us here have...

It's the Honeywel connected specalists who apparently have not...
    I was about to make the same comment! I do not see installing Evohome as rocket science. I am not from an electrical, plumbing, heating or engineering background. I did the course after I had installed my system and cannot remember learning anything more than I already knew or is in the manual, if you take time to understand it! Years ago, Richard from The Evohome Shop, produced in these pages far more helpful guidance than the course or the manual. I have already mentioned I contacted a Honeywell authorised person. A very nice chap, knew central heating and plumbing, but nothing about Evohome!

The reason I called him was because I thought I had not done it right. It’s when I realised you install the HW relay first! He did not know that. Also I thought there were issues with the wiring but there weren’t. I found out later that why I had problems was the builder of my house for some reason had two live feeds for the central heating - one from a fuse marked “Central Heating” and the other from a fuse marked “Security System”!

This “authorised professionals” bit sounds more like an attempt to show the customer is important, not something that has generally fallen within Honeywell’s remit in the past and from other’s experiences with these authorised bods it would seem no check is made to ensure they are up to the job.

Thank goodness that within these pages there are some who know their stuff and have been really helpful to us all, we are grateful. It does not seem that Honeywell take on board and rectify the bugs and quirks they uncover.

Comment

Working...
    X