• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

RFBee + UARTBee which behaves like an HGI80 for monitoring Evohome

Trying to cut down on some of my gear.

Anyone interested in an RFBee + UARTBee that can be used like the HGI80 on Domoticz to monitor Evohome. I will load the required firmware and can even include the required USB cable. All you need to do is plug it in and start using it.

PM me if interested.
  • Mickjohn
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Mar 2015

I can highly recommend this I bought same from Bruce works great

Mick

Comment

• rs1987
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Nov 2019

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
      Trying to cut down on some of my gear.

Anyone interested in an RFBee + UARTBee that can be used like the HGI80 on Domoticz to monitor Evohome. I will load the required firmware and can even include the required USB cable. All you need to do is plug it in and start using it.

PM me if interested.
      I'm an inveterate tinkerer and love writing code to do cool but unnecessary things. I'm currently (among other projects) working on an Android app to allow multiple different schedules to be loaded into evohome. For example, if I need to travel on business the next day the heating needs to come on much earlier and switch off earlier than normal.

I'm intrigued by this - if I recall it just listens to RF messages, right? So I can do useless but cool things like monitor the time and length of calls for heat, etc. I have a couple of Raspberry Pis lurking around my office, so I could install Domoticz on one of them and tinker some more.

How much are you selling it for Bruce?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

I might have just sold it, sorry about that. However based on the description of what you are trying to do you need nothing special at all. You should be able to push setpoint and schedule changes directly via the web interface. You only need the RF device if you are interested in Heat Demand, device associations etc.

Comment

• rs1987
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Nov 2019

I might have just sold it, sorry about that. However based on the description of what you are trying to do you need nothing special at all. You should be able to push setpoint and schedule changes directly via the web interface.
          Indeed yes. I just confused the issue by talking about another project that has no relation to this. In that one, you're correct that I only need web interface access.

You only need the RF device if you are interested in Heat Demand, device associations etc.
          Originally posted by rs1987 View Post
          I'm intrigued by this - if I recall it just listens to RF messages, right? So I can do useless but cool things like monitor the time and length of calls for heat, etc.
          So yes, monitoring heat demand was what I was envisaging with this RFBee. Pity I was too late

Comment

• DBMandrake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by rs1987 View Post
            So yes, monitoring heat demand was what I was envisaging with this RFBee. Pity I was too late
            I bought a NanoCUL with 868Mhz CC1101 already assembled:

It took several weeks to arrive (got lost in the mail and had to be resent, just my luck) but it seems to work well and can run the different firmware's that are being worked on at the moment.

I have mine plugged into a Raspberry Pi 2.
            Last edited by DBMandrake; 19 February 2020, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X