• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisgare
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2013

Actuator forgetting Blcoked status

When I set Disable Local Override using the controller, in zones where I have multiple actuators (2 or 3) it reverts to Enabled at some time in the following hours. The Window Open Disable command suffers from the same issue. In zones where there is a single actuator, the commands are remembered OK.

I've had EvoHome since day dot but have not used this capability until recently.

Anyone else seen this as it's very annoying?
    Last edited by chrisgare; 17 February 2020, 06:33 PM.
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

I've only recently added a second HR92 to a zone so I'll have to try this out to see if I notice a problem with Disable Local Override..

Regarding the window open detection - you can also disable that in the individual HR92. That's probably a better way to do it as the window detection is done individually on each HR92 - even if they are not the nominated temperature sensor for the zone.

Comment

• chrisgare
      Automated Home Guru
      • Dec 2013

Weird. The upstairs zone in question is a large bedroom and dressing room and has three actuators. The temperature is set to 17 degrees between 06:00 and 22:00 and 5 degrees for the rest of the night.

If I set Local Override on the controller to 'disabled' during the day is stays disabled until at least 05:30 but if I look at 06:05 it has been re-enabled again. I've checked this for the last two days and from my previous experience, this seems to be a repeatable issue. Is it a firmware bug I have to ask myself as I can see no other logical reason for this happening?

If I change the temperature from 17 to 5 and back again during the day there is no effect on the disable local override function.

Is it something to do with time or the clock because it's the next day as that is the only difference I can see?

I also don't think it's anything new as I'm sure I've had this issue before.
      Last edited by chrisgare; 20 February 2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• chrisgare
        Automated Home Guru
        • Dec 2013

This has been reported by at least one user before, though I can't find any further discussion on the forum.

Comment

• chrisgare
          Automated Home Guru
          • Dec 2013

This has occurred every morning for the last few days consistently so I can now assume it's a real bug. I have no intention of rebooting the controller, reconfiguring the zone or anything that extreme as it's really not worth the effort and time it would take. If I thought it worthwhile notifying Resideo of the bug in the hope of it being corrected with an update I would, but I haven't. I'll just have to live with it.

Comment

• chrisgare
            Automated Home Guru
            • Dec 2013

Ah, an objective fact at last!

In the zone I have problems with, I use three actuators. In another zone, the hall, I only have two actuators and that has maintained its blocked status for a couple of weeks without issues. So it seems to me this problem or bug, feature - or whatever you want to call it - only occurs if you have three actuators in a zone.

Comment

• paulockenden
              Automated Home Legend
              • Apr 2015

Sorry, I have a three actuator zone which remembers its blocked status.

Comment

• chrisgare
                Automated Home Guru
                • Dec 2013

Thanks, looks like I'm on my own then!

Comment

Working...
                X