• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mickjohn
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Mar 2015

Ifttt

Hi
    I have an Evohome HR92 Thermostat occasionally deciding to change the set point to 35C local overide is disabled.

Anybody had this problem and how did you fix it, my guess is to invest in another stat also is it possible for me to get a warning text message or email via IFTTT or some other such software when set point is greater than say 20C, if so how? as I have just downloaded IFTTT and it doesnt seem very intuitive.

Many thanks

Mick
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Mickjohn View Post
    Hi
    I have an Evohome HR92 Thermostat occasionally deciding to change the set point to 35C local overide is disabled.

Anybody had this problem and how did you fix it, my guess is to invest in another stat also is it possible for me to get a warning text message or email via IFTTT or some other such software when set point is greater than say 20C, if so how? as I have just downloaded IFTTT and it doesnt seem very intuitive.

Many thanks

Mick
    I would remove and refit the batteries in all battery powered devices in the zone that is suffering from random changes to 35C. I have seen this problem once or twice before and rebooting the HR92's solved the problem.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2014

Domoticz will be able to send you an email if any setpoint goes over xC.

Comment

• Mickjohn
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Mar 2015

Many thanks I will try your suggestions

Mick
        Last edited by Mickjohn; 2 March 2020, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

I had published a change to Domoticz that now reads the Controller's fault log. This allows me to get an email notification whenever there is a fault. So much better than reviewing the fault log on the controller every so often looking for new faults. Faults are only displayed on the Controller's main screen, which in a Fault condition. A Restore means that it no longer is displayed and the main screen gives you no hint of a new fault entry on the log. Domoticz notifications solves that 1st world problem.

Comment

• Somebody
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Feb 2019

Although set up, I never receive emails from Domoticz.

What's the trick, bruce?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

Have you made sure that your email is configured and working in Domoticz. Set-Up->Settings->Email : Email Setup. When you click TEST, you should get an email.

Comment

• Somebody
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Feb 2019

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                Have you made sure that your email is configured and working in Domoticz. Set-Up->Settings->Email : Email Setup. When you click TEST, you should get an email.
                Test email works. I don’t understand why Notifications don’t.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Sep 2014

This is a long standing bug in Domoticz. Temperature threshold notifications with Evohome as the Domoticz device never worked for me either.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jul 2014

I am sure I had this working at one point but now not sure how because I have just looked at the Domoticz code and the in built Notifications feature isn't even coded in for the Evohome devices. You can trigger a notification based on conditions but via your own script running within Domoticz. However I have moved away from Domoticz scripting because support keep breaking with new versions. Let me see if I can code this feature into the main Domoticz functionality.

Comment

Working...
                    X