• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Controlling Evohome from the App

A friend of mine does not use Evohome but does use the Evohome thermostat and the app to control his boiler. He thus has no control panel. He grumbled that when he goes away, and he often does, he operates away mode but can only do it from the app. That means he has to accept the default setting of 15c. He has no way of reducing that. I have away mode set to 5C but I can do that as I have the Control Panel. It has never crossed my mind that the app is so restrictive but it seems Honeywell have forgotten the fact that some will not have a control panel. Anybody found a work around? He has to accept all the default options.
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

Without the control panel is *isn't* Evohome, it's just a connected thermostat, and as such it's a much simpler setup with less control.

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
      Without the control panel is *isn't* Evohome, it's just a connected thermostat, and as such it's a much simpler setup with less control.
      I agree but it highlights the lack of functionality in the app and we are in a world of app based controls. Perhaps the suggested upgrade/updating we have been told is coming, well hinted at, will address this.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

I only know of the T87RF thermostat that can use the Evohome app, when used in conjunction with the Internet gateway. But then as you say, you are left with all the default values. However in this case the app allows you a great deal more that you cannot even do on the thermostat directly e.g. scheduling.

Comment

Working...
        X