Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATF300 Wanted

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    how handy are you? This is what I had done when I had the V2. The PSU inside the base is exactly the same as included in the wall mount (unlike the V3). Open up the base and just cut out the back of the table stand and screw it into the wall. Once the controller is on it, no one can see any untidy work. It works quite well. Either that, or scout ebay for an old table stand for the V2 controllers. They do turn up from time to time.
    Thatís my backup option😕, Iíve already taken one apart but I canít find a suitable plastic enclosure to fit it in inside a single back box

Automated Home Legend

Just use a plastic back box instead?

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Just use a plastic back box instead?
    Iíve just had the wall plastered & painted after installing a 35mm deep metal clad back box in the wall in the thinking that they would be easily available at the right cost, my backup-backup option is to mount the circuit board in a plastic enclosure on the top of the kitchen cupboard on the back side of the wall it needs mounting on & extend the mains & low voltage wires to & from it

Automated Home Legend

I have done something similar right now. My PSU is sitting quite far from the wall mount in a weather proof enclosure. This has avoided the need to have a back box, so the wall mount is screwed into...the wall. I then took it one step further and now use the same PSU to power both the controller and the CS92A (via a 3V regulator).