• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Markxigen
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2020

Adding Single UFH with own valve

Hi, I wondered if anyone has had experience with adding a separate BDR91relay for controlling a zone valve for under floor heating?

I’m fitting and plumbing a new system, the configuration I have on evohome is a new valve zone for the UFH but it’s also triggering the heat demand on the rad valve. Any idea if i can rework it to only trigger the UFH relay when setting the temp for the UFH zone?

Thanks
    Mark
  • mtmcgavock
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Markxigen View Post
    Hi, I wondered if anyone has had experience with adding a separate BDR91relay for controlling a zone valve for under floor heating?

I’m fitting and plumbing a new system, the configuration I have on evohome is a new valve zone for the UFH but it’s also triggering the heat demand on the rad valve. Any idea if i can rework it to only trigger the UFH relay when setting the temp for the UFH zone?

Thanks
    Mark
    Yeah set it to Electric Underfloor. It'll not fire the Heating Relay then.

Comment

• Markxigen
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Mar 2020

Ah yes! Nice work round. thanks for that - I’ll try that tomorrow.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

The fact that you have a zone valve on the UFH zone tells me that it's a wet UFH. This means that you do need the boiler to fire when this zone calls for heat. Setting this zone as an Electric zone will open the UFH valve, but what will fire the boiler? You could use the micro switches on the zone valves to fire the boiler though.

Comment

• Markxigen
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Mar 2020

the UFH BDR91 switches the valve flow to UFH manifold and fires the boiler. I then have a seperate 240v electrical relay (off the 'B' trigger on the BDR91) that spins up the UFH manifold pump. So Switching the BDR91 to Electric is perfect.

Comment

• Markxigen
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Mar 2020

my setup

IMG_0364.jpg
            my install with Hot Water to OSO cylinder, 2 UFH zones and 10 radiators. 1 UFH manifold is below this photo. the 1srt floor one is upstairs.
            Last edited by Markxigen; 6 March 2020, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
              Automated Home Legend
              • Mar 2017

My parents runs this way, they have two boilers that heat different parts of the system and one control system (Evohome) so I had to get a way round it and using the Electric option worked well.

The issue is with the 'Zone Valve' option it fires the boiler relay and the heating relay together if it just fired the boiler relay there wouldn't be an issue.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jul 2014

When you are using the Electric Zone, you then need to use the micro switch inside the motorised valve to fire the boiler. The BDR91 configured as the Boiler Relay won't fire it by itself.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Mar 2017

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                  When you are using the Electric Zone, you then need to use the micro switch inside the motorised valve to fire the boiler. The BDR91 configured as the Boiler Relay won't fire it by itself.
                  Yes which I believe the OP is.

Comment

• Ansaar
                    Automated Home Lurker
                    • Dec 2020

Hi guys

I have a similar problem to the above, and read about a dozen posts on this, but ive still got a few gaps. I hope you might be able to steer me in the right direction.

I have an existing boiler two zone (honeywell motorized) system. One zone is essentially all the house, and the other just to a conservatory. Ive installed evohome and put HR91/92 on all the radiators in the house. The BDR91 now controls the house motorized valve, so when any of the radiators call, the house zone valve opens. A manual roomstat controls the conservatory.

Im pretty familiar with the process of adding HR91/HR92 to evotouch controller and understand how those use the BDR91 to call the boiler.

im now putting tiling in the downstairs lounge and about to put wet ufh with a manifold/pump/mixing valve etc. Ive read that you just need a wireless roomstat ( DTS92E or a T87RF ) and another BDR91 to get it all to function.

I can understand adding another wireless roomstat to the evotouch controller and creating a new ZONE (eg. underfloor_zone). I can also understand adding another BDR91_ufh to control the operation of manifold pump. But how do I make the connection between the new wireless roomstat and the BDR91_ufh? Do I add the BDR91_ufh just like I add the HR91 foir rads, and then select the new roomstat when it asks how that will control the temp?

Also once that is done, the wireless roomstat will make the ufh pump run, but will it also make the boiler run?
                    Last edited by Ansaar; 23 December 2020, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jul 2014

You just create a "Zone Valve" type zone for your UFH and pair the BDR91 as the actuator and the wireless room stat as the sensor. The BDR91 then will create a Heat Demand similar to your HRxx valves.

Comment

Working...
                      X