• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toastie
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2020

Evohome controller positioning near a radiator

Does anybody know how far away from a radiator I can wall mount a Evohome touchscreen controller without it giving the touchscreen a “fake” room temperature
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

I think it's usually recommended to have a thermostat at least 1.5 metres from the nearest heat source including radiators. And obviously not above it.

Comment

• Toastie
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jan 2020

Thanks for your response, Is that for a general thermostat or for the evohome literature because I can’t find a recommendation anywhere

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Just a general recommendation for any thermostat. You want a remote thermostat to be out of the immediate vicinity of any source of heat.

I use the Evotouch on a wall mount as the sensor for my hallway zone - the radiator is on the opposite wall at a bit of a diagonal to where the Evotouch is, approx 1.5 metres away and it works well.

Comment

• chrisgare
          Automated Home Guru
          • Dec 2013

I have separate sensors is most rooms and they are all on the opposite wall to that of the radiator to create an even and accurate temperature over the whole room. They are generally sitting on shelves about 1.5 M off the ground. Be careful that the sun does not shine on them though! There is a big differance in the couple of bedrooms where I do not have a separate sensor!

Comment

Working...
          X