• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m112
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by petep View Post
    Did you actually look at the System Summary screen (via a long press on Settings) on the controller and check what the boiler demand is compared to the room demand.

I've seen 50% demand in a room (and other rooms at lower levels) and the boiler demand is only 3%
    Haven't seen this since I disabled Load Scaling.

I've prompted @Atm for a comment a couple of times with no response.
    yes, I checked Settings on Evo.

I had a look this evenining too. All rooms dropped 0.5C below the set point and for an hour the boiler didnt fire at all. The boiler demand was 51% this evening but nothing was happening.

Suddenly it woke up with 100% demand.

But tbh I dont know whats worse a bit colder room or a boiler firing every 10min...

Comment

• Mid112
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • May 2019

There is an improvement this morning.

Yesterday i switched off warm weather saver.
      It appears that it has a priority over cold weather boost.

This morning ive seen livingroom having a weather boost icon and living room and dining to be in setpoint temp at 7am

Comment

• oxygen
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Sep 2018

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
        Cold Weather and Warm Shutdown are available but Load Scaling is not available for OT.
        Well, it seems I don't have it:

Would it be because of the French language ?

The firmware is correctly in 02.00.19.33 in the details. (Wifi is still at the .17 version though).

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

You are in the Installer Settings menu. Come out of that and go into the normal User settings menu and its under Smart Features.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by bruce_miranda; 10 December 2020, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• oxygen
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Sep 2018

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
            You are in the Installer Settings menu. Come out of that and go into the normal User settings menu and its under Smart Features.
            It is still not showing up there 😞
            I do have the eco/boost visible, but nothing related to the cold weather boost.
            I may need to check if the controller knows my location. My understanding is that the feature requires the location to be known for it to work.

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by oxygen View Post
              It is still not showing up there ��
              I do have the eco/boost visible, but nothing related to the cold weather boost.
              I may need to check if the controller knows my location. My understanding is that the feature requires the location to be known for it to work.
              Do you have an outdoor temperature shown in the top left ? If not check your location in your TCC account.

Comment

• oxygen
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Sep 2018

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                Do you have an outdoor temperature shown in the top left ? If not check your location in your TCC account.
                I do have a location set in the TCC account.

But I'm not 100% sure that I have a temp showing up in the main screen (the outdoor temp)
                As my controller is 2 stories down, I need to go and have a look at it.
                I'll do that during my next telework-break (now you can all live my life )

Comment

• oxygen
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Sep 2018

So indeed. The controller don't have an outside temperature showing up.
                  But the controller is linked with the web/application. And the application has a location set, and can show the outside temperature.

Strange.
                  I may try to disconnect/reconnect to see if it's better :-(

Comment

• oxygen
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Sep 2018

I have a graphic bug also.
                    In the optimisation settings, the delayed start is grayed if already active.
                    If I go in the delayed start to re-select it, then it goes back to normal (non grayed).
                    If I go back to the main screen and back into the optimisation, it is grayed again.

It's a small bug. Nothing to worry about.
                    I'll share screens if it is not explicit enough.

Comment

• oxygen
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by oxygen View Post
                      I do have a location set in the TCC account.

But I'm not 100% sure that I have a temp showing up in the main screen (the outdoor temp)
                      As my controller is 2 stories down, I need to go and have a look at it.
                      I'll do that during my next telework-break (now you can all live my life )
                      Disconnecting and reconnecting fixed the issue.
                      Knowing that I could control the evohome through the API or thought the app proving that it was rightly connected/mapped to my account. It still was missing the outside temperature.
                      Strange.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Mar 2017

When does the Beta go to Public Release, or has it already?

Comment

• G4RHL
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jan 2015

It has been so long in the coming that the best answer is when you see a pink pig flying past!

Comment

• ally153
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Nov 2014

Hi all, sorry I've been quiet on here - between holidays and project work, I've not had a chance to keep up-to-date with the community. There has been internal investigations on-going on the delayed outside temperature data some here have been facing and I was asked if I could get more information from any affected users. Could anyone who still is having issues with weather data please PM me with the following details:
                            • Is this issue intermittent or continuous?
                            • Does power cycling the stat fix the issue?
                            • Application & Wi-Fi software versions (photo of the device info screen is fine)
                            • MAC address of stat

Originally posted by mtmcgavock View Post
                            When does the Beta go to Public Release, or has it already?
                            The firmware is now out of beta and has been released to production. We are going through the process of getting approval for OTA updates. This is a gradual roll-out process as we need to update devices in small batches to ensure there are no issues with the OTA process that haven't been picked up during internal & beta testing. The firmware carries the same version number as used in testing (02.00.19.33) and is identical to the latest version beta testers received. Hope this answers your question!

Comment

• spence189
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Nov 2020

I'm on 19.33 and the weather feature seems to be working ok here.

If I had one wish it would be to make this and incremental setting. So at 10c difference maybe I would want 0.5c added, then at 15c difference I'd want it to ramp up to 1c and then 20c difference 1.5c increase. Something similar to that. Maybe that's just over complicating things

Comment

• CT1
                                Automated Home Guru
                                • Apr 2016

Originally posted by ally153 View Post
                                Hi all, sorry I've been quiet on here - between holidays and project work, I've not had a chance to keep up-to-date with the community. There has been internal investigations on-going on the delayed outside temperature data some here have been facing and I was asked if I could get more information from any affected users. Could anyone who still is having issues with weather data please PM me with the following details:
                                • Is this issue intermittent or continuous?
                                • Does power cycling the stat fix the issue?
                                • Application & Wi-Fi software versions (photo of the device info screen is fine)
                                • MAC address of stat

The firmware is now out of beta and has been released to production. We are going through the process of getting approval for OTA updates. This is a gradual roll-out process as we need to update devices in small batches to ensure there are no issues with the OTA process that haven't been picked up during internal & beta testing. The firmware carries the same version number as used in testing (02.00.19.33) and is identical to the latest version beta testers received. Hope this answers your question!
                                I am not on the trial and will not be using weather compensation when the new software is rolled out, but I do look at the temperature reporting on the controller, in the app, on amazon alexa and phone weather reports and compare these to the actual temperature as measured by my external thermometer, which is located away from sun and wind.

In my experience, all the on-line services are always within one degree of each other, but they can all be 1 to 3 degrees different to the actual temperature. (Worst case has been 4 degrees but I have only seen this once.) Usually this is lagging but on one cold, windless, foggy day recently there was a 3 degree discrepancy all day even though the temperature was very stable all day. Unfortunately I have not kept records so cannot provide more details but, at least in my case, I do not think there is a problem with the software or servers etc as all on-line services are the same. I think that the weather services themselves are probably a bit slow and fail to cope sufficiently with local variation.

A local temperature sensor might help some but would need very careful location and might bring it’s own range of problems. As I have said before differences in solar gain and wind chill experienced by different aspects of some (mine) property would also negate any attempt to adopt a single offset for all zones.
                                Last edited by CT1; 14 December 2020, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X