Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    There's no monopoly on good ideas. Especially when they are so bleedin' obvious!
    Remember also that sense is not common.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the Minion View Post
    Well it was around Paul's comment on wind chill, i will be checking the office for bugs (Paul I'm looking at you ) We have another cunning plan that the device is prepared for but needs additional weather data .... and now we get into confidentiality issues and project planning so I will stop there.
    With so much reliance on external temperature, I am still surprised that Evohome dropped support for a locally mounted external sensor. I used it and saw the benefit of being able to mount it where the temperature reading was the most "feels like". Also I now wonder what happens to all the weather compensation when the local weather feed breaks? Does everything just revert to set values, even if it was previously operating at a weather compensated mode?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by zxdavb View Post
    In short, 3 C is too much, and thus economy mode is not being used as much as it might me.
    Yes, 3C is far too much, so I never use it. 0.5 - 3C in 0.5 steps would be pretty cool, both minus and plus, selectable at the time the quick action is activated.

A housewide offset both negative and positive which still follows the schedule would be extremely useful.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    A housewide offset both negative and positive which still follows the schedule would be extremely useful.
    Massively so. I think it's the single best enhancement that has been suggested (and by many many people).

I do understand that a simple 'economy mode' might appeal to non-techie users, but they'd probably never go into the settings to tweak the parameter so it shouldn't affect usability.

Automated Home Sr Member Andy the Minion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    With so much reliance on external temperature, I am still surprised that Evohome dropped support for a locally mounted external sensor. I used it and saw the benefit of being able to mount it where the temperature reading was the most "feels like". Also I now wonder what happens to all the weather compensation when the local weather feed breaks? Does everything just revert to set values, even if it was previously operating at a weather compensated mode?
    If there is no feed yes it just reverts to normal control. The room temperature sp is always respected, it wont shut the system down if we are not within the temperature control tolerance. If you have an opentherm boiler with an outside temperature sensor input Evo will use that in preference to the weather data - just make sure it is positioned correctly - not always an easy thing with OTC
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Automated Home Sr Member Andy the Minion's Avatar

I looked and the email wasn't saved.... I have no clue what I said either
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Automated Home Sr Member

Thatís great that the boilerís outdoor temperature sensor reading will be used! Iíd assumed that control was just based on the Internet read temperature.

Automated Home Legend

This proves that the Evohome controller can be programmed to add more OT command support and the OTG simply responds and relays them through. Previously I had seen no evidence that the External temperature was either requested or relayed between the boiler and the Evohome Controller via the OTG. So clearly this has been added in. In which case it should be quite easy to implement the boiler max command too, that is currently not set and causes the Viesmann to head for the stars.

Automated Home Guru

re-enabled cold weather cold weather boost and Advanced Load Scaling yesterday (still have warm weather saver enable). Glorious sunshine today and house is like an oven this morning - how come as warm weather saver should have kicked in? Outside temp in the shade as read by my weather station is 14.2C Evohome showing temp as 9C !! This will be the downside as ideally evohome should support a remote temp sensor so it gets the local true temp not a remote generalised internet temp Nice idea though but once again have had to manually enable eco mode

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    This proves that the Evohome controller can be programmed to add more OT command support and the OTG simply responds and relays them through. Previously I had seen no evidence that the External temperature was either requested or relayed between the boiler and the Evohome Controller via the OTG. So clearly this has been added in. In which case it should be quite easy to implement the boiler max command too, that is currently not set and causes the Viesmann to head for the stars.
    It would be good to confirm this, I still think the displayed temperature is read from the internet as I saw some earlier discrepancy.

Looks okay just now though: displays 10C, OpenTherm read value 10.74C and my Netatmo weather station 10.4C.