Thread: Custom Schedule

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Custom Schedule

Hi,

When I turn my custom schedule on, the appropriate trv heads open and are set. The issue is the boiler never fires. If I cancel the custom and turn one of the zones on manually, the boiler fires ok.

I have 3 zones in custom. It used to work and has recently stopped. All 3 zones work fine when coming on by scheduled times as an FYI.

Automated Home Legend

What does the Heat Demand screen look like when you turn on the Custom Quick Action.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    What does the Heat Demand screen look like when you turn on the Custom Quick Action.
    When I go to system summary(if that's what you mean by heat demand screen), everything is 0%. Not sure if I have correct firmware to show heat demand icons

Automated Home Legend

If the System Summary is showing a 0% Heat Demand then that explains why the boiler isn't firing. Try this, set your Custom Quick Action on and then turn on of the TRVs further up and see if that triggers a Heat Demand. It could be that your TRVs are not opening up enough to generate a Heat Demand. They need to open almost past 30% to start generating a Heat Demand. Also it could be your smart weather settings are stopping the Heat Demand e.g. Warm shutdown etc, Delayed start

Automated Home Jr Member

If the System Summary is showing a 0% Heat Demand then that explains why the boiler isn't firing. Try this, set your Custom Quick Action on and then turn on of the TRVs further up and see if that triggers a Heat Demand. It could be that your TRVs are not opening up enough to generate a Heat Demand. They need to open almost past 30% to start generating a Heat Demand. Also it could be your smart weather settings are stopping the Heat Demand e.g. Warm shutdown etc, Delayed start
    all smart weather settings are turned off. The zones/TRVs in question do come on when scheduled, just not when i pick custom schedule. for instance, i turned custom on, it should change 3 zones. Nothing happens. I then turn one zone on manually and immediately the valve opens and boiler fires.

Automated Home Legend

In which case, check if your Custom schedule has been set up correctly both in terms of setpoint, schedule and the zones it should affect. When testing, give them a ridiculous setpoint e.g. 30C and look on the controller to confirm if those zones are being set or not.

Automated Home Jr Member

In which case, check if your Custom schedule has been set up correctly both in terms of setpoint, schedule and the zones it should affect. When testing, give them a ridiculous setpoint e.g. 30C and look on the controller to confirm if those zones are being set or not.
    When i have turned it on, it has been 3/4 degrees below set point, so should be firing IMO. The custom schedule is an all-day thing, it is set 07:00 to 23:00, so again it should come on any time during the day that i turn it on, right?

To point out, it had been working until recently which is also a head scratcher.