X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

So different from the Red Dot which shows that its within a HW schedule but not necessarily heating.

Comment

• SteveP
      Automated Home Guru
      • Dec 2012

As others, I am also seeing the same this evening with warm weather saver enabled in that certain zones are greyed out and showing the Off icon and certain zones are showing normal working. All zones are set to use warm saver. However, I do appear to see some impact from Advanced Load Scaling being set on. Whilst a couple of the zones were showing as below temp and active, the boiler didn't fire. I left it for approx. 10 mins and still no boiler activity. One zone was 2 degrees below its set point. After playing around with Warm Weather Saver and not seeing an impact, I tried turning off Advanced Load Scaling and the boiler fired. I then tried turning Advanced Load Scaling back on (both full and partial tested) and the boiler turned off.
      So two questions
      1) When all zones are set to use Warm Weather Saver, what determines whether a zone shows as being "off - ie greyed out" and what determines that a zone should show as "normal" ie being active even if the zone is up to temp
      2) Why does Load Scaling stop the boiler firing when some zones are in Weather Saver Mode?

Comment

• filbert
        Automated Home Guru
        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
        It seems there are a number of us with “old Glow Worm boilers”. It says a lot for their long life qualities. Unlike today’s versions

I still await my beta update so am intrigued to see what it looks like.
        We have an Ideal Mexico S2 that was probably 4 or 5 years old when we moved in in late 1997 - which makes it at least 25 years old and (fingers crossed) still going strong. Have been advised not to change it as there’s very little to go wrong.

I have to confess that it rarely gets a service.

Comment

• SteveP
          Automated Home Guru
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
          As others, I am also seeing the same this evening with warm weather saver enabled in that certain zones are greyed out and showing the Off icon and certain zones are showing normal working. All zones are set to use warm saver. However, I do appear to see some impact from Advanced Load Scaling being set on. Whilst a couple of the zones were showing as below temp and active, the boiler didn't fire. I left it for approx. 10 mins and still no boiler activity. One zone was 2 degrees below its set point. After playing around with Warm Weather Saver and not seeing an impact, I tried turning off Advanced Load Scaling and the boiler fired. I then tried turning Advanced Load Scaling back on (both full and partial tested) and the boiler turned off.
          So two questions
          1) When all zones are set to use Warm Weather Saver, what determines whether a zone shows as being "off - ie greyed out" and what determines that a zone should show as "normal" ie being active even if the zone is up to temp
          2) Why does Load Scaling stop the boiler firing when some zones are in Weather Saver Mode?
          Update - Conservatory zone showing as "off" dropped 0.5C below set point still showed as "off". then dropped 1C below set point and zone was automatically reactivated- rads are warming up

Comment

• G4RHL
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2015

Update - Conservatory zone showing as "off" dropped 0.5C below set point still showed as "off". then dropped 1C below set point and zone was automatically reactivated- rads are warming up
            I am envious. I can’t wait to be able to play!

Comment

• SteveP
              Automated Home Guru
              • Dec 2012

todays update - a mixed bag on the controller with some zones showing warm weather saver on (the zone greyed out and showing the off icon), other zones working as normal. A very interesting situation though is that I have two rooms adjacent where room one is on the outside of the house and due to its construction does loose heat quickly as large glass areas and quite old garden room type design, the adjacent room is protected by other rooms. Normally they behave to a degree the same so the outside room is quite cold and needs extra heat. This morning the outside room rads were full on and the inside room rad was off even though both have the same temp setting and were up to temp. Rather clever as the system had detected the different behaviour of the rooms and proactively compensated rather than the usual reactive response from evohome. Hoping this is a feature of the updates and not just a freak behaviour??

Comment

• SteveP
                Automated Home Guru
                • Dec 2012

yep some very interesting and leading edge features in this update Hope you get your update soon

Comment

• roydonaldson
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Jan 2013

So, that's now both Saturday and Sunday on my controller setting my bedrooms to 35C. Today, Monday, it all seemed ok, but, I may simply not have been up in time to see it early on.

Roy.

Comment

• Andy the Minion
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Nov 2017

@AlexP and @roydonaldson.
                    I have had a conversation with the Elves and this is a known bug.
                    It looks worse than it actually is, the rooms will not overheat because it is reporting 35°C the target temperature is still the real setpoint.
                    Regards
                    AtM
                    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Comment

• roydonaldson
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Jan 2013

Thanks. Good to know. Whew.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Sep 2014

Ah good. I'm not the only one who doesn't have the update yet.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                          Ah good. I'm not the only one who doesn't have the update yet.
                          Correction, I now have the update.

I've made some interesting observations about the new firmware already. One of the suggestions we made a year or so ago seems to have been silently implemented. I wonder if anyone else has spotted it yet.... it relates to heating off and away modes. (Indirectly anyway)

Comment

• SteveP
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                            Correction, I now have the update.

I've made some interesting observations about the new firmware already. One of the suggestions we made a year or so ago seems to have been silently implemented. I wonder if anyone else has spotted it yet.... it relates to heating off and away modes. (Indirectly anyway)
                            Just looked and cant see anything different ? What am I missing ?

Comment

• DBMandrake
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Sep 2014

Just looked and cant see anything different ? What am I missing ?
                              Turning the heating off immediately forces all the heat demand figures in the system summary page to 0% and turns off the boiler relay immediately, rather than the usual several minute delay where set point changes are sent to HR92's, HR92's close and send back zero heat demands.

It seems that if the set points of zones are set more than a certain amount below the current measured temperature (I don't know how much yet, more testing needed) then the heat demand for the zone is internally forced to 0% in the controller even before the HR92 sends an updated heat demand.

This solves a few problems:

1) Slow "heating off" action. Now pressing heating off works immediately causing the relay to go off and stay off even before HR92's react. (Lot's of people ask why heating off is so slow or why the boiler seems to cycle on again after heating off is applied)
                              2) Solves the problem where a comms issue causes one HR92 not to report back a zero heat demand causing the boiler to run on for another 20 minutes or so. (I see that occasionally)
                              3) Solves the issue of people manually turning up HR92's in heating off mode (or away mode for that matter) - previously this would not appear on the controller but the boiler would come on and heat the room anyway! Not anymore. Parents will love this change...
                              Last edited by DBMandrake; 6 April 2020, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Sep 2014

It looks like the heat demand of a zone is clamped to 0% by the controller (independently of what the HR92 reports) if the set point is about 2C or more lower than the reported temperature - so a little bit outside the proportional band. And it is "unclamped" again if the set point is equal or higher than the current temperature. Seems reasonable. Basically a belt and suspenders approach to dealing with zero heat demand for a zone.
                                Last edited by DBMandrake; 6 April 2020, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X