Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New home, mammoth Evohome install

Automated Home Sr Member

Default New home, mammoth Evohome install

Just placed a huge order with the EvoHome Shop for my new house, after getting to grips with the existing set up (Danfoss controls).

Comprises of:
    16 x DTS92E Room Thermostats (I chose these as they will cover removed Danfoss thermostats better than T87RF)
    4 x HCC80R UFH Controllers
    1 x HCS80 Extension Module
    1 x HR914 Radiator Multi Zone Kit (Kieran recommended these over HR92s for towel rads)
    2 x ATF600 Wall Mount Kits
    1 x Evohome Connected Modulation Pack
    1 x Evohome Connected Thermostat Pack
    1 x ATF500 Hot Water Kit
    1 x Honeywell High Limit Pipe Thermostat
    2 x Honeywell 28mm N/O Motorised Zone Valves

Going to have 2 controllers handling 23 zones: 19 UFH via 4 manifolds, 4 towel rads. OpenTherm with weather compensation implemented by my custom firmware on an OpenTherm monitor, reading external temperature sensor.

DHW priority, closing N/O valves on UFH and radiator circuits.

Removing existing Thermostatic Mixing Valve, which was set at 75C when I moved in (!) as I will limit the max OpenTherm flow temperature. Install a High Limit Pipe Thermostat to cut the UFH pump on over temperature, just in case.

I learned from Kieran at the EvoHome shop that the controller was updated this year, requiring a different wall mount kit, ATF600 vs. ATF300 before.

Looking forward to having Evohome again!

Automated Home Legend

The ATF600 actually came out in June 2015 with the WiFi controller, I bought my WiFi controller in late 2015 and used an ATF600 wall mount kit. (It even says it came out on June 2015 on the evohomeshop website, so not sure what they mean by "updated last year" ?)

The ATF300 is for the earlier non-WiFi models sold up until 2015. (Although some old stock was cleared for a while after this date)

Good luck with the new install, I hope it all goes smoothly.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 19th November 2020 at 10:04 AM.

Automated Home Legend

The High limit pipe thermostat is such a neat idea. I wish my plumber had thought of that. Our UFH was put in and while the floor was curing it was meant to run 25C water round the loops. Some fool forgot to screw on the TRV on the manifold and 65C water was pumping around the floor and I could hear all sorts of crackling noises and shut the system down.

Automated Home Sr Member

Ah thanks, there is a new 2020 controller though, Iíll let you know what the differences are.

Automated Home Legend

REALLY?? when where

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    REALLY?? when where
    https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/honeywe...121073547.html

Mentions the 2020 controller.

Automated Home Legend

That's so funny. Just because they get the ATC928G3000 in stock in 2020, doesn't make it a 2020 model. That is still the V3 of the evohome that is now quite a few years old. You had me there for a minute.

Automated Home Legend

Looks like the same controller I bought in 2015...

Automated Home Legend

I think Kevin or the Evohomeshop were trying to ring in some fun in an otherwise grim 2020.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    I think Kevin or the Evohomeshop were trying to ring in some fun in an otherwise grim 2020.
    Iím optimistic, :-) Resideo did mention some changes for heat pump support to BDR91 etc. Iíll soon find out.