X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

Actually the controller no longer requests any OT data from the OT Bridge any more. Even Relative Modulation is lost but I spotted it on another message that was being received more frequently so coded Domoticz to use it from that message, rather than the OT messages that were being previously being requested only every 5mins

So Resideo - Why does the controller now no longer care about the OT Boiler parameters in the latest firmware? I thought all OT functionality was unchanged.

Comment

• oxygen
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Sep 2018

And to add to this, it is somehow critical to get those data, as:
      - CH Pressure dropping may cause the boiler to shutdonw.
      - DHW Temp is read even if the DHW module is not enabled, proving that it could be displayed somehow. So it is usefull for some setups (like mine, where the boiler controls the DHW autonomously)
      - Boiler Temp/Return Temps helps ensuring that the CH is behaving well.
      - OEM codes is also critical to know if the Boiler is in failsafe mode or not.

All in all, not getting those data anymore is a shame

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

Anybody know when the updated software will be rolled out? It is 9 months since this topic was started.

Comment

• anniesboy
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Aug 2019

You can apply for it,I did so two or three weeks ago, got after a day or so. Been using it with no problems. Ive found the cold weather boost helpful.

Explore all the available Evohome Smart Home Solutions on resideo.com to find the perfect solution for your specific needs.

Comment

• G4RHL
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by anniesboy View Post
            You can apply for it,I did so two or three weeks ago, got after a day or so. Been using it with no problems. Ive found the cold weather boost helpful.

https://getconnected.honeywellhome.c...ohomebetatrial
            I did, apply for it that is, many many months ago but was not selected therefor.

Comment

• SteveL
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Nov 2020

@G4RHL
              I contacted customer support direct and asked them to add me. consumersupportuk@resideo.com
              They requested this info:

We need you to send us a picture with the MAC ID and CRC code of the Evohome.

The MAC address and CRC code of the evohome controller can be found in the following ways:

On the label when removing the plastic front frame of the evohome controller
              On the REGISTER ONLINE screen once the thermostat is connected to your wireless network
              Once the thermostat is connected to the internet, go to SETTINGS > WI-FI SETTINGS

Comment

• G4RHL
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2015

All done following your kind response. As mentioned it appears I had not received the earlier request for info from me.

Comment

• Richie5458
                  Automated Home Lurker
                  • Jan 2021

Installed Evohome a month ago. Found out about upgrade thanks to this site, and very relieved/impressed with the new software especially HW priority!
                  just applied through the link and woke up next morning.... bingo!

Comment

• Stevedh
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Mar 2017

Cold Weather and just remembered why I disabled 'advanced load scaling' last year, went up to bed last night and all the bedrooms were freezing, well below their set temperatures, and they were meant to have been warming up for about an hour.
                    Disabled it again.
                    Does this setting consistently work well for anyone?

Comment

• SteveP
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Stevedh View Post
                      Cold Weather and just remembered why I disabled 'advanced load scaling' last year, went up to bed last night and all the bedrooms were freezing, well below their set temperatures, and they were meant to have been warming up for about an hour.
                      Disabled it again.
                      Does this setting consistently work well for anyone?
                      Have you got it set to normal or partial ? I found partial did have that sort of impact whereas normal really seems to work well for my property 😁

Comment

• Stevedh
                        Automated Home Guru
                        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                        Have you got it set to normal or partial ? I found partial did have that sort of impact whereas normal really seems to work well for my property ��
                        I had it set to normal. It had actually been working fine for a for a couple of weeks, just that for some reason it went wrong last night. Could be that we have a combi boiler so if someone runs a bath the boiler isn't producing any heat and evohome doesn't know that, and maybe had something to do with the sitting room being warm at the time.
                        But the info screen showed 3 rooms calling for heat at 100% and the boiler control at 17%

Comment

• SteveP
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Stevedh View Post
                          I had it set to normal. It had actually been working fine for a for a couple of weeks, just that for some reason it went wrong last night. Could be that we have a combi boiler so if someone runs a bath the boiler isn't producing any heat and evohome doesn't know that, and maybe had something to do with the sitting room being warm at the time.
                          But the info screen showed 3 rooms calling for heat at 100% and the boiler control at 17%
                          Yes I also have a combi and whilst brilliant in many ways a bath does throw the heating !! I’ve got used to that so tend to have wide heat up times that try to avoid bath/ shower times 🤣

Comment

• Bilbomacuser
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Jan 2021

We are looking to get our ancient Baxi Solo 2 PF 50 boiler replaced and after initially considering Worcester-Bosch, are now considering an Intergas so that we can use OpenTherm with our Evohome system. I've just been reading about priority domestic hot water, and the Intergas X plan etc. We will need to replace our old vented cylinder at some point.

With a new condensing boiler using OpenTherm - should we upgrade to the Evohome beta so we get PDHW now, or is the final release of the firmware that supports it imminent?

If Evohome can now achieve PDHW with firmware, is there any need to change our Y plan system? Would replacing the cylinder with one that heats much more quickly an important thing to do before using PDHW/condensing boilers?

Is Intergas the best boiler to use with Evohome, or can anyone recommend other brands to consider that have OpenTherm that works fully with Evohome?

Thanks

Comment

• G4RHL
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Jan 2015

You could could consider a thermal store vented or unvented for supplying hot water at mains pressure. I assume if one does that you don’t need DHW assigned in Evohome and leave it entirely as a CH control. Not really an assumption, it would have to be so.

You may find some central heating bods knock Intergas or Viessman, I have but I suspect it is because they get commission from other recommendations. Incidentally you may find getting a recommended Intergas installer difficult. I have had no success.

Addendum. I am not so sure I am right here. Evohome could surely manage the temperature in a thermal store whose heat comes from the boiler?
                              Last edited by G4RHL; 16 January 2021, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• Lorrainem77
                                Automated Home Lurker
                                • Dec 2018

Hi All,
                                Sorry for the lengthy post, I'm hoping someone on here might be able to assist with an issue I'm experiencing. I've had evohome for a few years and it has generally done what I expected it to do, first connected to a gas boiler system, then we upgraded to an Air Source Heat Pump in August last year (I don't think this is necessarily relevant, just for information). I've had the beta software (if indeed it is still classed as beta), since August / September and again hadn't seen any issues.

In the last week or two, I've been attempting to bring up the temperature in our living and working areas earlier as I am on Octopus Agile electricity tariff and the savings are worthwhile to have the high electricity usage before the morning peak pricing (wholesale electricity prices, to which Agile is linked, have been excruciatingly high recently, hence this has been worth looking at!). My hot water (which is controlled through the Vaillant controller rather than Evohome, thanks to Vaillant being awkward and not playing nicely) is correctly heating in the cheapest slot every morning (both evohome and vaillant are set up through home assistant in combination with agile), but evohome appears to be failing to turn on the heating.

Here's what I know:
                                1. I can see in home assistant that the setpoints for the zones to be warmed are setting as expected Screenshot 2021-01-16 at 21.31.54.jpg
                                2. On the same graphs I can see that the actual temperature continues to fall well below the setpoint (e.g. setpoint is 21, actual drops to 15)
                                3. DHW is coming on during the "warm up" period (e.g. 3:30-5am), however the temperatures are still dropping out-with this time period
                                4. I resorted to setting up a camera to see what the wireless relay box is doing when it should be calling for heat: Setpoint raised at 1am, demand called for at 1:15am, back off at 1:20, back on again at 1:35 and off at 1:40. This continued like this until 5:30am when the light came on and stayed on until 10:40am, when all zones were finally up to temperature.
                                5. Everything seems to be normal at all other times of day, it only seems to be between 1am and 5:30am or thereabouts
                                6. I set the temperature on permanent last night for a couple of zones from 11pm to 8am and they dropped temperature as described above
                                7. I've no idea if this was behaving like this before the firmware update, or if it's new, as I've only been looking at this properly for a couple of weeks

This seems to be an evohome issue, not ASHP, which was my first hunch. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks for reading!

Comment

Working...
                                X