Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 414647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Lurker

It Looks like mine has updated sometime today and now i have no central heating.

Do i have to re pair the display to the boiler control box?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    It Looks like mine has updated sometime today and now i have no central heating.

Can you give a bit better description of what symptoms you're seeing ?

Pairing of devices shouldn't be lost due to a firmware update.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    I could have sworn Normal was called "Full" in the first Beta though, did the name of the setting change between beta's and perhaps the description text as well ? Because as Steve remarked it does now say that Partial is recommended for well insulated houses when I could have sworn the first beta said "Full" mode was recommended. In any case it is around the right way now.
    The forum chewed up my last post, so here we go again... Yes, you're right we changed the text of NORMAL to FULL. The advice the text gave should have been consistent between versions however. The text about when to select PARTIAL only appears when Evo has a valid outside temperature, so it's possible if you reached that screen before you got internet data that you only had an ENABLE/DISABLE option. Enabling would have done the same as selecting PARTIAL (being the version of load scaling that doesn't use weather data).

In theory a properly adapted Normal mode should cope better with these weird swings in outdoor temperature than Partial mode, it will be interesting to see if this pans out. (Our house is not what you would call "well insulated" so is quite strongly affected by outside temperature especially when wet and windy)
    I'm on the same boat as you - FULL should be more reactive to day to day swings than our adaptive fuzzy logic, which adjusts over time to the seasons.

4-6 hours lag is typically 2-3 degrees error during periods of temperature swings however in the summer with sunny days and cool clear nights I was seeing errors as great as 6 degrees due to the lag with it taking many hours to catch up after the true temperature had stabalised. At the moment its more like 2-3C lag due to the more mild weather conditions.
    2-3C shouldn't be too much of an issue, like you said, the OTC scale back is relatively modest. Also where the 'worst' of the error will be is during high demands, once your rooms are close to setpoint you're scaling back a % of an already low % demand.

How is your system working now? If you're still having issues, feel free to PM me your MAC and I'll check for any issues. Right now 2.0.19.33 is not an automatic update and no new automatic update has been scheduled, so I wouldn't have expected anyone's system to have updated out of the blue unless it was manually pushed with new firmware.

Automated Home Lurker

Can you give a bit better description of what symptoms you're seeing ?

Pairing of devices shouldn't be lost due to a firmware update.
    When i went and checked at the boiler the box was flashing a red light in a sequence, I re paired it and it was fine.

Automated Home Legend

When i went and checked at the boiler the box was flashing a red light in a sequence, I re paired it and it was fine.
    Weird, but glad you got it fixed.

Automated Home Legend

Another example of the outdoor temperature of the Evotouch being waaaaaay behind reality.

It was quite cold last night and is clear and sunny today. At 10am this morning my weather station is reporting 14.2 degrees and the Evotouch is still reporting 6 degrees...

To be fair, WeatherPro is reporting 8 degrees, (despite predicting 12 degrees at 10am in the hourly forecast, which is pretty close) the iOS weather app is reporting 11 degrees, accuweather is reporting 8 degrees.

According to my weather station here is the temperature change through the night:

12am - 9.1C
    1am - 8.4C
    2am - 7.6C
    3am - 5.9C
    4am - 7.0C
    5am - 6.6C
    6am - 6.9C
    7am - 5.6C
    8am - 6.0C
    9am - 13.3C
    10am - 14.1C

Just goes to show how quickly local conditions can change at sunrise and sunset and that internet weather services just can't keep up.

(And no its not direct sunlight affecting my sensor by 7 degrees as it is a shaded sensor which gets at most about 1-2C influence due to direct sunlight falling on the shade, so at worst it might be reporting up to 2C too high, so "real" temperature is at least 12C)
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 19th September 2020 at 11:19 AM.

Automated Home Jr Member

I have to agree, crisp night and fine sunny morning. The temperature is rising outside and my hall radiator is roasting!

Automated Home Jr Member

Mine seems to be behaving at the moment,17 degrees on the Evotouch and the same being reported by Accu weather.

Automated Home Lurker

Hello,
    I've been having some issues since the 19.33 update, most of my UFH is no longer demanding any heat (opentherm module). The UFH still demands heat for my Hallway, which uses the built in evotouch sensor, but the 4 other zones using the DTS92 and Y87RF do not. The HCC80R opens the actuators and starts the pump, but the demand screen will always say 0% and the boiler will not fire.

I've already tried resetting and rebinding all thermostats as well as the HCC80R but no avail. The HR91s and HR92s still operate and call for heat absolutely fine though. The last thing I've not done is fully reset the evotouch, but I am not keen to unless I absolutely have to.

Anyone had a similar issue? Thanks

Also, the evotouch weather has always been slightly innacurate for me, but it's only an issue on cold,sunny mornings when the temperature outside rises rapidly, as reported by others.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by ssb_tv View Post
    Hello,
    I've been having some issues since the 19.33 update, most of my UFH is no longer demanding any heat (opentherm module). The UFH still demands heat for my Hallway, which uses the built in evotouch sensor, but the 4 other zones using the DTS92 and Y87RF do not. The HCC80R opens the actuators and starts the pump, but the demand screen will always say 0% and the boiler will not fire.

I've already tried resetting and rebinding all thermostats as well as the HCC80R but no avail. The HR91s and HR92s still operate and call for heat absolutely fine though. The last thing I've not done is fully reset the evotouch, but I am not keen to unless I absolutely have to.

Anyone had a similar issue? Thanks

Also, the evotouch weather has always been slightly innacurate for me, but it's only an issue on cold,sunny mornings when the temperature outside rises rapidly, as reported by others.
    With older firmware, and OpenTherm, the boiler still used to fire if the aggregated demand was much less than 10%.

With the newer firmware it only seems to send a flow temperature above 10C to fire the boiler if the demand is at least 10%.

So I now have HR92s and HM80 UFH open even though the boiler is not heating.

I guess it is energy saving but it does mean zones within 0.5C of set point may not heat.
    Last edited by kevinsmart; 20th September 2020 at 12:02 PM.