• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy the Minion
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Nov 2017

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Is zone level optimisation coming back? Or is that still an All or Nothing?
    I'm afraid not, it was a casualty of the aim to get a simple UI. The arguement was that it would need to be clear which zones are optimised, which type of optimisation and which not optimised in the scheduling screens otherwise somebody that (probably didnt set the system up) would not always know what time to enter. We did ask some new users if this was needed and got more than a few blank faces so it ended up on the cutting room floor I'm afraid.
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Comment

• AlexP
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Feb 2016

All installed smoothly yesterday, with all the new features available.

However I had 2 zones that set themselves to 35c randomly a couple of times. Maybe just the system settling down again? Will keep observing and update. Has anyone else had this?

Comment

• paulockenden
        Automated Home Legend
        • Apr 2015

Just had the email. The signup asks for boiler and model but it doesn’t seem to know about the models sold by Intergas in the UK, so I had to fine something that looked kinda similar.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
          Automated Home Legend
          • Mar 2017

Just had email too, my boiler is missing too. No Glow Worms as a manufacture on list (Major boiler here in the UK too) Mine is an older model but still no manufacture. (So I've just put it down as 'Brand' and wrote name and model in Serial no section)

Oh and at the end of the email, Software HW Priority? Did I read that correctly?!

Comment

• G4RHL
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2015

The form asks for the MAC address and not the IP address. Usually I have found with things like this it is the IP address that is required.

Apart from that it is absolutely great this is being done. Thank you.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
              Automated Home Legend
              • Mar 2017

Also the email -

The images are of relatively poor quality and i'm struggling to see the graphs etc. Is it possible to get them sent out in a slightly better quality? (I'm guessing you don't want them on the forum due to competitors etc) Even making them larger on the computer doesn't help!

Comment

• G4RHL
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                The form asks for the MAC address and not the IP address. Usually I have found with things like this it is the IP address that is required.

Apart from that it is absolutely great this is being done. Thank you.
                I have answered my own question and will go back to sleep whilst I await word from Resideo. Interesting that the MAC address is titled “Thermostat MAC address” but then in many ways that is what the control panel is!

Comment

• G4RHL
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jan 2015

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                  Is zone level optimisation coming back? Or is that still an All or Nothing?
                  If optimisation has gone I won’t miss it! As I have oft reported in the past, I have tried it several times over the last 5.5 years but in my case it seemed to do nothing that the basic schedule setting was doing.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                    If optimisation has gone I won’t miss it! As I have oft reported in the past, I have tried it several times over the last 5.5 years but in my case it seemed to do nothing that the basic schedule setting was doing.
                    I have Optimisation turned on and it works great. I suspect how well insulated your house is may have something to do with it, however mine works flawlessly to be fair.

Comment

• paulockenden
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Apr 2015

Optimisation hasn't gone.

It's global though, like in the last release. A while back it was switch off and onable at zone level, but a previous update nuked that.

I believe that's the only time that an update has removed functionality from Evohome.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Mar 2017

Update arrived here.

Turned Cold Weather Boost On
                        Turned Warm Weather shut down on.
                        Adaptive Load Scaling - set to Partial.

No sign of HW priority setting though, even though I have two 2 port valves and HW, CH and Boiler BDR91 relays for each.

Comment

• garymtitley
                          Automated Home Sr Member
                          • Feb 2019

Would adaptive load scaling work better than opentherm,I still have a bdr 91,could try it but if there's little or nothing to be gained,then there's no point obviously.

Comment

• roydonaldson
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Andy the Minion View Post
                            Dear All, The Load scaling feature can be found in the Installer section, system parameters and everybody with a boiler bound to an ON/OFF (BDR91) boiler relay will have it.
                            I would recommend enabling the ‘full’ mode unless you have an extremely well insulated property.
                            Load scaling is a self-learning algorithm and it will take a number of heat-up cycles (maybe a week but it depends on the system and usage) to get the hang of each room. It will then continue to refine itself in parallel with the existing adaptive fuzzy logic that is already in Evo controling the steady state temperatures.
                            AtM
                            Andy, I have a house with 2 zone valves, ie. I have a larger house with it setup as upstairs and downstairs controlled by these zone valves. Having something such as Load Scaling would be beneficial in my house. Can this be enabled in this setup ? Surely this would be something that could be even more beneficial in larger homes that would probably be setup with 2 zone valves controlling them ?

Thanks, Roy.

Comment

• BuxtonJim
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Aug 2018

Thanks Andy, update received. Cold weather boost, warm weather saver and load scaling all installed with default values (where offered) accepted and applied across all zones.
                              My boiler model wasn't showing on the drop down list so I entered it as Bosch, a WB Greenstar 38Cdi.
                              Just as a side note, while I would have loved zone-level optimisation the global feature has been very effective in my set up thus far.

Comment

• Andy the Minion
                                Automated Home Sr Member
                                • Nov 2017

Originally posted by mtmcgavock View Post
                                Also the email -

The images are of relatively poor quality and i'm struggling to see the graphs etc. Is it possible to get them sent out in a slightly better quality? (I'm guessing you don't want them on the forum due to competitors etc) Even making them larger on the computer doesn't help!
                                Sorry about that, I will see if putting the slides into a pdf is any better. They will still have to be images because the excel graphs have real data behind them. I presume I can send an attachment in a PM?
                                Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Comment

Working...
                                X