Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the Minion View Post
    Sorry about that, I will see if putting the slides into a pdf is any better. They will still have to be images because the excel graphs have real data behind them. I presume I can send an attachment in a PM?
    Not sure it'll let you attach on a PM. If you want I can PM you my email to send it direct if that's easier.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mtmcgavock View Post
    Not sure it'll let you attach on a PM. If you want I can PM you my email to send it direct if that's easier.
    same problem for me I couldn't quite work out the details in the images so is it possible to share the pdf with everyone?

Automated Home Sr Member Andy the Minion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roydonaldson View Post
    Andy, I have a house with 2 zone valves, ie. I have a larger house with it setup as upstairs and downstairs controlled by these zone valves. Having something such as Load Scaling would be beneficial in my house. Can this be enabled in this setup ? Surely this would be something that could be even more beneficial in larger homes that would probably be setup with 2 zone valves controlling them ?

Thanks, Roy.
    Load scaling has the most positive effect where there is a big difference between the boiler size and radiator size eg a 30kW boiler, a 1kW design load radiator that is working at 20% capacity because its +10C not -10C outside (this is a 150:1 turndown ratio) To be honest most systems are working like this for most of the time.
    In your situation the central heating load is split in half (2:1) and then assume the same 5:1 turndown because of outside temperature, you will be at a 10:1 turndown ratio. Load scaling will definitely still help as the boiler modulation may only give a 5:1 turndown ratio.
    Load scaling will be available for you if you have a BDR91 relay running the boiler rather than firing the boiler from the orange wire on the zone valves.
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    Optimisation hasn't gone.

It's global though, like in the last release. A while back it was switch off and onable at zone level, but a previous update nuked that.

I believe that's the only time that an update has removed functionality from Evohome.
    That and the ability to bind your own external temperature sensor. However, that was never possible on the WiFi version. I do think the arguments to remove it at the Zone level are poor. But may be Load scaling is the new Optimisation except that it isnt available on OT, which I think again is a real shame.

Automated Home Legend

A variable Economy quick action set back, please. It's such an under utilized feature because of the fairly useless fixed 3C. Hometronic used to allow it be changed.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    A variable Economy quick action set back, please. It's such an under utilized feature because of the fairly useless fixed 3C.
    THIS!!!!! A hundred times this!

I had to build a Raspberry Pi based kludge to get round the silly fixed Eco knockback temp.

Surely it should be easy to add a parameter in the quick actions setup screen?

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    The form asks for the MAC address and not the IP address. Usually I have found with things like this it is the IP address that is required.

Apart from that it is absolutely great this is being done. Thank you.
    The IP address wouldn't be of any use because the evohome system will typically be hidden behind a masquerading router. In fact, there might even be multiple evohome systems behind one such router. The MAC address is likely part of the authentication mechanism that the controller sends when it connects to the web server and allows for unique identification.

Automated Home Jr Member

Also ip address can change MAC address wont

Automated Home Jr Member

My software has changed. Great.

Looking forward to seeing if over shoots can be settled down, might save me having to change a couple of older valves out.

Warm weather shutdown would be good, safe me using IFTTT, if you have Geo Fencing and warm weather applet running you can get conflicts.

Cold weather boost will be good as my living room seat is in a massive bay window.

Thanks

Frank

Automated Home Guru

Updated software and the new facilities look great - hopefully sort out the juggling of temperatures in the spring season where I have to keep invoking economy to prevent overheating, and also for those really cold times when I have to up the boiler temp Many thanks to the Resideo team and welcome to AndyTheMinion (love the name great to be able to smile in these dark days )