Page 76 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2666717273747576777879808186 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by CT1 View Post
    Sorry do not use accuweather. Checked today Tuesday 22 Dec at 10am. Dull, overcast, not much wind temperature stable.

Outside thermometer 10 deg C

Evotouch 6 deg C

EvoHome App 7 deg C

Amazon Alexa 6 deg C

IPhone 8 deg C (Weather.com?)

Accuweather 6 deg C

BBC weather 8 deg C

Don’t know if any of that helps.
    Thanks CT1, some users have reported in the past that they are seeing Evo's temperature lagging what other online sources are saying by several hours, this means you could be seeing a morning temperature at mid-day for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    The outside temp problems are caused by delays, and are most noticeable when the days are warm and the nights cold, during the evening and morning.

This time of year when the temperature is pretty much the same day and night the problems won't be showing in the same way.
    Agreed, the effects will be minimal at this time of the year. Were you one of the users who noticed delays during the summer? Do you think you're still seeing delay? If so could you send me a private message with your MAC address (I realise you might have at the time!). I'll forward the information to our connected team to investigate.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Like I said Ally, it's hard to know whether there's still delays when thee's no big morning ramp up in temps or evening ramp down. I think we'll need to wait until Spring before the problem is noticeable.

Automated Home Guru

While delay undoubtedly plays a part, I am not convinced that it is the only issue. My observations (not just those posted) would suggest that local micro climates could also play a part. Not a problem for me as I have no expectation of using this feature, my posts of data are just to, hopefully, help ally. Will be interested to see how this, and other new features, are received once the firmware is rolled out.

Automated Home Legend

For those of you running the beta software does it enable better control over the custom menu? I rarely use mine but this morning I decided to warm the house up a little sooner than it normally would be and was reminded of the frustration that I cannot set the override in the custom menu to a specific time other than the next day.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    For those of you running the beta software does it enable better control over the custom menu? I rarely use mine but this morning I decided to warm the house up a little sooner than it normally would be and was reminded of the frustration that I cannot set the override in the custom menu to a specific time other than the next day.
    Still the same I'm afraid.

A long press of custom gives you a choice of which day to override until (ending at midnight) but nothing more fine grained than that.

Automated Home Legend

I actually found Cold Weather Boost quite useful yesterday - I've set it to a differential of 18oc. When temps here plummeted here yesterday to below 0oc i've got a couple of rooms that feel cooler. So i've applied it to them zones and it seems to be working well so far. Will continue to monitor but the Outdoor temp on the Evohome seemed more consistent that it had previously with my own monitors - maybe as the outdoor temperature wasn't changing much though.

Automated Home Lurker

I have a question. I have an Intergas SRE set to heat only as that is how my plumber wired it (S plan with valve on hot water, valve on upstairs, nothing but HR92s downstairs). I'm following advice and put the max flow on the boiler at 65 so that it condenses properly as evohome seemed to ramp it up to 80 meaning the boiler never actually condensed properly.
    As a result it takes AGES for the hot water to heat up - and of course it rarely gets past 56 as the max water temp is 65. Any suggestions on how I could get the hot water heated at 80 but the CH heated at 65 or less?

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by robbietobbie View Post
    I have a question. I have an Intergas SRE set to heat only as that is how my plumber wired it (S plan with valve on hot water, valve on upstairs, nothing but HR92s downstairs). I'm following advice and put the max flow on the boiler at 65 so that it condenses properly as evohome seemed to ramp it up to 80 meaning the boiler never actually condensed properly.
    As a result it takes AGES for the hot water to heat up - and of course it rarely gets past 56 as the max water temp is 65. Any suggestions on how I could get the hot water heated at 80 but the CH heated at 65 or less?
    You need an X-Plan setup:
    https://www.intergasheating.co.uk/co...5/tech-talk-3/

Basically this uses a BDR91 to short out a cylinder sensor NTC when DHW is off. When DHW is on, the Intergas boiler will switch to DHW heating mode, if the NTC temperature is below DHW setting e.g. 55C, with a higher flow temperature used e.g. 70C.

If you have a Normally Open valve on your heating circuit you will use the hot water kit BDR91 to close it to prioritise DHW heating.

Similar concept:
    https://www.intergasheating.co.uk/ap...-option-V1.pdf
    Last edited by kevinsmart; 1st January 2021 at 01:18 PM.

Automated Home Legend

This is one of the short comings of Evohome and even with OT, it does not differentiate between CH and HW heats. Some boiler manufacturers have the ability to deal with this with their proprietary kit (e.g. Vaillant).
    A work around that I use, I have an eBUS interface for my Vaillant boiler. I detect when Evohome is calling for HW and then raise the boiler's max to 70C only during that time, and then drop it back to 55C at other times.
    But you need to time your HW reheat to be at the start of your CH schedules or when you know that all the CH demand has been satisfied, otherwise you could cause overshoots with the sudden inrush of extra hot water to the radiators. Ofcourse if you have zone valves on the CH circuit, you could employ HW priority and deal with that

Automated Home Lurker

Thank you for the suggestions. I can't quite believe with all this technology that evohome can't tell the boiler to change the temperature between HW and CH. Is that what it does every second of the day with opentherm? @kevinsmart - thank you for your suggestion I will see if I can do that.