Page 79 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29697475767778798081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbomacuser View Post
    We are looking to get our ancient Baxi Solo 2 PF 50 boiler replaced and after initially considering Worcester-Bosch, are now considering an Intergas so that we can use OpenTherm with our Evohome system. I've just been reading about priority domestic hot water, and the Intergas X plan etc. We will need to replace our old vented cylinder at some point.

With a new condensing boiler using OpenTherm - should we upgrade to the Evohome beta so we get PDHW now, or is the final release of the firmware that supports it imminent?

If Evohome can now achieve PDHW with firmware, is there any need to change our Y plan system? Would replacing the cylinder with one that heats much more quickly an important thing to do before using PDHW/condensing boilers?

Is Intergas the best boiler to use with Evohome, or can anyone recommend other brands to consider that have OpenTherm that works fully with Evohome?

Thanks
    I tried to get a discussion going on this (Combi boilers to work with Evohome) but, unfortunately, it got sidetracked into an admittedly fascinating discussion on hydrogen as a fuel.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ally153 View Post

The firmware is now out of beta and has been released to production. We are going through the process of getting approval for OTA updates. This is a gradual roll-out process as we need to update devices in small batches to ensure there are no issues with the OTA process that haven't been picked up during internal & beta testing. The firmware carries the same version number as used in testing (02.00.19.33) and is identical to the latest version beta testers received. Hope this answers your question!
    My controller hasn't been updated yet - is it still being rolled out or has it been held up for some reason?

Automated Home Legend

I am considering Intergas, but an Intergas system boiler with a vented or unvented tank driven by mains water pressure. I have in the last couple of days found an Intergas installer local to me. He tells me he understands there has been released recently a special storage vessel that connects to the combi though which may be an alternative. OK this is off the thread but seemed the best place to reply!

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    My controller hasn't been updated yet - is it still being rolled out or has it been held up for some reason?
    Mine is still on 02.00.17.03.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Have you got it set to normal or partial ? I found partial did have that sort of impact whereas normal really seems to work well for my property ��
    Opposite way around for me. Normal results in cold rooms and radiators reluctant to actually heat up, partial works very well for me, I've been using it for months now.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 17th January 2021 at 11:51 AM.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Opposite way around for me. Normal results in cold rooms and radiators reluctant to actually heat up, partial works very well for me, I've been using it for months now.
    According to the latest software version, "Partial is for highly insulated properties to reduce external influences" therefore, Normal is for "normally insulated buildings". I vaguely remember us discussing this recently and both agreed that in the older software version it was the other way around and that we both used the non-highly insulated setting (now called Normal) as we both found using the now Partial setting resulted in the boiler sitting doing not a lot - or am I losing my marbles

Automated Home Legend

Partial works very well for me too, although not sure if it's actually saved me any money....

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mtmcgavock View Post
    Partial works very well for me too, although not sure if it's actually saved me any money....
    I use it mainly to avoid temperature overshoots caused by scheduled set point changes in warmer weather.

This it does well. I don't expect it to save me any money.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    I use it mainly to avoid temperature overshoots caused by scheduled set point changes in warmer weather.

This it does well. I don't expect it to save me any money.
    Isn't that the main idea behind it though? Looking at the Slides on the beta, that seems to be one of the main reasonings.

Because tbh, I rarely suffered from overshoots before.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Yes I also have a combi and whilst brilliant in many ways a bath does throw the heating !! I’ve got used to that so tend to have wide heat up times that try to avoid bath/ shower times 🤣
    I had a look back and realised I complained about this last year. Based on the comments then and my experience, I think the problem is when just 1 room is calling for heat. It sort of compensates to the point the boiler never fires.

I really wish I had got OT when I ordered my system, but none of the deals included it so I would have had to have bought it on top of a system with the standard controller and I was being shouted at for spending too much anyway.