Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst ... 30707576777879808182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mtmcgavock View Post
    Isn't that the main idea behind it though? Looking at the Slides on the beta, that seems to be one of the main reasonings.

Because tbh, I rarely suffered from overshoots before.
    I'm not saying it doesn't save money, just that that is not the reason for me to use the feature, I enable it for smoother temperature control without overshoots. I don't have any data one way or the other on any savings but to be honest I don't really see how it would save money.

Perhaps by increasing the time the boiler is condensing ? If so that doesn't affect me as I don't have a condensing boiler.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 18th January 2021 at 07:31 PM.

Automated Home Lurker

The Evohome team

PS Future FW updates are coming later this year. Heat pump support, Cooling, Heat/Cool change over (for professionals) will be a key feature, we hope to run a similar trial later in the year.
    Signed up for the beta version.
    Is the already something known about the heating/Cooling function.

Grt koot

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Koot View Post
    Signed up for the beta version.
    Is the already something known about the heating/Cooling function.

Grt koot
    But is not this quote from last year?

Automated Home Guru

Production code roll-out

I've kept my head down while the Beta code was being tested but it seems that the new production code is now starting to be rolled-out. Will people receive a notification that their systems are being updated and be told about the changes, or will it (as I suspect) happen in the background and without notification? If the latter, how do I find out what has changed and what new features I should dabble with?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DorrisMancer View Post
    Production code roll-out

I've kept my head down while the Beta code was being tested but it seems that the new production code is now starting to be rolled-out. Will people receive a notification that their systems are being updated and be told about the changes, or will it (as I suspect) happen in the background and without notification? If the latter, how do I find out what has changed and what new features I should dabble with?
    I am sure nobody will tell you and nothing appears on the screen to let you know but clicking settings it opens the door to what’s new. The more interesting bit is that which tells you which zone has called for heat and in percentage terms how much.

Automated Home Guru

Thanks, especially for those links. If it's as good as they say it might be able to make coffee as well ;-)

More seriously, they look like worthwhile improvements but what's the real-world experience?

Automated Home Legend

Its actually worse. When the new firmware lands, the controllers gains the new functionality, but it seems to also retain some of the legacy functionality. It's only after a full reboot does the Controller only start using all the new functionality. We've seen this with some of the OT data exchange that now has stopped, but only stops after a reboot.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by anniesboy View Post
    Thanks. Not sure about the relevance of the last image! I don’t need a set of steps to get into my boot. Well not yet!

Some points:
    1. Common sense says that when a system’s software has been updated the user is told and the supplier explains what has happened, gives instructions and advice. That has not happened at all. Just silence. Thus, unless you are a reader of this forum you would not know. A very basic need forgotten about.

2. There is reference in one image to a fact that reducing by 1C reduces cost by 10%. I understand that that applies if the temperature is set to 21c. It does not apply across the board such that a 1C reduction from 21C to 20C may give a 10% reduction but a 2C reduction to 19C does not give a 20% reduction.

3. Do I assume that having the software updated the new outside temperature adjustment happens automatically without installing an external temperature gauge the software relying on readings from the internet or does something extra need to be installed? Again, information lacking particularly now that the update is being rolled out.

Automated Home Lurker

Default End of beta trial

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    I am sure nobody will tell you and nothing appears on the screen to let you know but clicking settings it opens the door to what’s new. The more interesting bit is that which tells you which zone has called for heat and in percentage terms how much.
    Hi
    I updated to the Beta version about six week ago, having seen a post here.
    I signed up and heard nothing but the next day I noticed a new format!
    beta opt.jpg

you will notice SMART features box.

I agree System Status is very useful.
    Having trouble with DHW Priority which looses the binding to the HW valve after six hours then the Zone valve.
    Very pleased/releived with the Update though, notwithstanding how distanced HOneywell are from this product.
    Attached Images Attached Images