Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Sr Member Andy the Minion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuxtonJim View Post
    Thanks Andy, update received. Cold weather boost, warm weather saver and load scaling all installed with default values (where offered) accepted and applied across all zones.
    My boiler model wasn't showing on the drop down list so I entered it as Bosch, a WB Greenstar 38Cdi.
    Just as a side note, while I would have loved zone-level optimisation the global feature has been very effective in my set up thus far.
    Dear All, I didn’t think to mention it before, and it may already be understood. The 'global optimisation’ doesn’t mean a global calculation. The system learns the heatup and cool down rates for each zone individually so they all adapt according to the rooms performance.
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    I have answered my own question and will go back to sleep whilst I await word from Resideo. Interesting that the MAC address is titled “Thermostat MAC address” but then in many ways that is what the control panel is!
    G4RHL, I sent you a PM could you reply please and we will update your unit. Ta AtM
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    A variable Economy quick action set back, please. It's such an under utilized feature because of the fairly useless fixed 3C. Hometronic used to allow it be changed.
    Yes please!

-3C is too much and very inflexible. Instead of an "Eco" mode with a fixed setting that nobody likes, a mode where you can set a custom house wide differential override would be great. Call it "offset" or similar with an adjustable offset of say -5C to +5C in 0.5C steps.

Many times I would just like to turn up all zones by +1C or turn them down by -1C and have them still follow their schedules, but just with the offset applied...

I've just signed up to the Beta, hopefully I get accepted...

Automated Home Jr Member

Cold boost working I think, see pics. got mine set to 0.5'C boost and it has change schedule setpoint up by 0.5C and placed the boost symbol on screen. Rooms selected for boost did not boost if SP was below 16C and less than -10C from SP, So goooood. Its a great start.. I am sure we will all ask for the -10C to be variable, and variable by room Not all rooms have same insulation values

Have seen a issue since software update.

Madisons Room was manually changed on TRV to 18.5C but instead of clock override symbol I got the permanent loop symbol, see picture, so would of stayed permanent at 18.5C', had to cancel from touch panel.

Coldboost.jpg

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the Minion View Post
    Dear All, The Load scaling feature can be found in the Installer section, system parameters and everybody with a boiler bound to an ON/OFF (BDR91) boiler relay will have it.
    I would recommend enabling the ‘full’ mode unless you have an extremely well insulated property.
    Load scaling is a self-learning algorithm and it will take a number of heat-up cycles (maybe a week but it depends on the system and usage) to get the hang of each room. It will then continue to refine itself in parallel with the existing adaptive fuzzy logic that is already in Evo controling the steady state temperatures.
    As a secondary result of learning the zone size (scale) we have seen an improvement in the temperature overshoots in both oversized radiators and very slow responding sensor locations.
    The feature was designed to improve the operating efficiency of ON/OFF boilers by running them for longer at low load and reducing the return temperatures.
    This sounds very interesting and I'm keen to try this feature out. I think I have an idea how it might work so it will be interesting to see if I'm right...

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the Minion View Post
    G4RHL, I sent you a PM could you reply please and we will update your unit. Ta AtM
    ‘‘Twas done yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by frankmalia View Post
    Cold boost working I think, see pics. got mine set to 0.5'C boost and it has change schedule setpoint up by 0.5C and placed the boost symbol on screen. Rooms selected for boost did not boost if SP was below 16C and less than -10C from SP, So goooood. Its a great start.. I am sure we will all ask for the -10C to be variable, and variable by room Not all rooms have same insulation values

Have seen a issue since software update.

Madisons Room was manually changed on TRV to 18.5C but instead of clock override symbol I got the permanent loop symbol, see picture, so would of stayed permanent at 18.5C', had to cancel from touch panel.

Coldboost.jpg
    Thanks Frankmalia, The parameter for the outside temperature, I was expecting that Its another of those tricky balance issues, I absolutely know that you guys will 'get it' and enjoy the detail and nuance but as is often the case its the 250,000 other users that are not on the forum that I worry about. We considered it carefully but finally went for the light touch mainly because heat loss is a feature that needs a bit of understanding if it is going to be a useful parameter and unfortunatly I know some installers that wont ever understand the function
    I dont rule it out but it would have to be hidden in installer settings and its not currently planned for the next release. I would like to see how the population settles into the new features before we do something.
    Did you follow and accept the monitoring invite in the email? You will be very pleased to know I don’t have a way to connect users names here to MAC addresses but if you did, PM me with a MAC or email address and I can see if we can tell where the permanent override originated

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    ‘‘Twas done yesterday
    I dont see a reply to the PM, did you apply a third time?

Automated Home Legend

could we PLEASE get a variable Economy threshold setting. There is even pre designed UI screens and screen real estate available to allow this. Economy could be such a useful feature and it's a real shame that it simply doesn't get used.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    could we PLEASE get a variable Economy threshold setting. There is even pre designed UI screens and screen real estate available to allow this. Economy could be such a useful feature and it's a real shame that it simply doesn't get used.
    Okay, no promises but I will ask what the effort is in testing (thats where the time issue is) and see if it can be snuck in.